Automatic tailgate

Theonenonly

Driver
Reaction score
hi again all,

Still lurking and gathering as much intel as I can before the 1st but can’t seem to find an definitive answer to this.

The Avants standard auto opening tailgate has the automatic closing button, does the saloon also have this?

The reviews I’ve read don’t mention it at all.

Again this is standard without the advanced key feature.

Thanks

Mine doesn’t

Thought as much, it’s nothing I’ll miss but just wanted to know not to expect it when picking the car up lol

I already have a predicament on my hands as the car I’ve bought comes with the fine Nappa leather, listed by the dealer and my original order form, however my finance docs say Alcantara. I have not mentioned this to the dealer yet so im planning on rocking up to pick the car and if it’s missing the Nappa, I’m £800 down, so wondering how to handle that on the day.

If that happened to me I’d want a 2k reduction or courtesy car till your order arrives.

No the saloon doesn't have a full electrically powered boot lid. It will pop open at the press on the key fob, or by waving your foot under the bumber if you've the convenience key, but it will not fully open or close on it's own...

Thought as much, it’s nothing I’ll miss but just wanted to know not to expect it when picking the car up lol

I already have a predicament on my hands as the car I’ve bought comes with the fine Nappa leather, listed by the dealer and my original order form, however my finance docs say Alcantara. I have not mentioned this to the dealer yet so im planning on rocking up to pick the car and if it’s missing the Nappa, I’m £800 down, so wondering how to handle that on the day.
If you ordered nappa and don’t get it, and you want it, dealer should place a new order and get you into another car in the interim as it’ll have been their mistake. If you can live without, then haggle hard - dealer won’t want a car lying around they have to sell on if you reject and get them to reorder, so you should get a fairly decent wad of cash back.

Reactions: Theonenonly
If you ordered nappa and don’t get it, and you want it, dealer should place a new order and get you into another car in the interim as it’ll have been their mistake. If you can live without, then haggle hard - dealer won’t want a car lying around they have to sell on if you reject and get them to reorder, so you should get a fairly decent wad of cash back.

Just gone over my figures again and everything added up including dealer discount and options and the lot adds up to 33005 exactly, which is the list price for the Daytona Grey s-line with tech pack and Nappa.

I’m sure it’s just an oversight with the paperwork but in all honesty I only wanted the tech pack, the car was a cancelled order that I snapped up so the nappa I can take or leave, however I won’t let the dealer know that if it turns out it’s missing on the day haha.

In reality how far do you think I can push it before having to pretend to “walk way” lol