DSG gearbox gone stiff

Russell Miah

Reaction score
hey guys I just remapped my car and now the gearbox is playing up, the gearbox feels stiff as I select every gear, when I go into manual mode all the gears work so I dno what’s wrong I need help do I need a dsg remap or do I need gearbox oil. I used vcds and it says engine control module.

Sounds like more of a mechanical issue with the linkage to me, maybe something has come apart. Quite easy to get to and have a look yourself.

Has the gearbox been serviced as per the schedule i.e. every 40k miles?

First things first, if this occurred right after you remapped your car, remove the remap and see if the problem remains or goes.

Did you write the map yourself or have you got one of these pre-written maps that you have just flashed your ECU with?

Sounds like more of a mechanical issue with the linkage to me, maybe something has come apart. Quite easy to get to and have a look yourself.

Has the gearbox been serviced as per the schedule i.e. every 40k miles?
Where is the linkage so I can have a look? And I’m not too sure if the gearbox has been serviced

First things first, if this occurred right after you remapped your car, remove the remap and see if the problem remains or goes.

Did you write the map yourself or have you got one of these pre-written maps that you have just flashed your ECU with?
It didn’t happen straight after the remap, and also someone did it for me

It's underneath the gearstick, just remove the trim around it and take a look around for anything obvious.
Yeah nothing looks odd, so yesterday I was driving normally and all of a sudden the gearknob isn’t so stiff anymore. I’m so confused