Alloy Wheel Refurbishment

AdamC95

Reaction score
Well car is going in hopefully for alloy refurb at end of this month.

Can people post some pics up for some inspiration on what colour to go, currently have the audi a3 s line alloys (not sure on actual name)

Car is scuba blue too so someone with a similar colour car would be good!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Google might give you some options, Dark grey or factory silver in my opinion are the only colours that look good for scuba blue with Le Mans... I definitely wouldn't go for black though

Gold looks good with Scuba blue, but not on those specific alloys

Reactions: AdamC95
Google might give you some options, Dark grey or factory silver in my opinion are the only colours that look good for scuba blue with Le Mans... I definitely wouldn't go for black though

Gold looks good with Scuba blue, but not on those specific alloys
What do you think about shadow chrome

I've just bought a second set of alloys to refurb my orginals. I'm very interested in what people say but does anyone know of a colour "Chart" for alloy paints or is it a question of talking to the Refurb company (which would preclude me doing it myself, which was the intention).

Ta

I've just bought a second set of alloys to refurb my orginals. I'm very interested in what people say but does anyone know of a colour "Chart" for alloy paints or is it a question of talking to the Refurb company (which would preclude me doing it myself, which was the intention).

Ta
I haven't heard off an Alloy paint chart but i guess there must be something kicking about , i normally find the refurb boys normally havr a goodselection off colours to choose from and sometimes have 1 or 3 alloys painted in different colours to give you an idea what it looks like .

What do you think about shadow chrome

Well to be fair shadow chrome is almost in the middle of factory and dark grey, with a bit of extra glint to them, they might look OK

My car's black, it came with Calera 18" alloys that where kerbed, because I liked my TT Comps in shadow chrome on my bora (quite wide spokes) I decided to have the Caleras done in the same colour but because the spokes are thinner it didn't set off the colour very well and I actually hated them.... then damaged one on a dark road!

I was then fortunate to locate an almost immaculate set of Caleras in the factory silver (and sell my shadow set for the same price), which is quite bright, and I love them

shadow chrome
IMG 0638 Edited

Does anyone want to buy a set of le mans 18" 7 spoke including Bridgestone tyres - Good condition (off my s-line)