A favour please

Nickfrog

Reaction score
Could someone please remove the boot floor of their B9 Avant and take a picture of the boot with the spare wheel in situ ?

Planning to attach a fork clamp to the spare wheel for my mountain bike when the car arrives.

Cheers

Nick

Could someone please remove the boot floor of their B9 Avant and take a picture of the boot with the spare wheel in situ ?

Planning to attach a fork clamp to the spare wheel for my mountain bike when the car arrives.

Cheers

Nick
Sure...
b4d4c7814c96c634f7594868ae0ad3f2.jpg
0ac6f2c36167387b882e6e18b497e503.jpg
f88fbfbb6ac20ca21e4b1e4ee20be4c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nickfrog
Brilliant YF. Perfect pics !!!! I suspect my plan to zip tie some 15mm pipe to the wheel will work for the through axle

Cheers

Nick

What sort of mountain bike do you have?

I was thinking of doing similar, but I've got 27.5 wheels and 150mm forks and I couldn't stand the bike upright because the saddle and bars would hit the ceiling. I can't get my wife's 29 wheels in upright at all when they are of the bike.

Yes this may be a challenge. I have a 27.5 aggro hardtail (Commencal Meta AM) with 160mm Yaris.
The dropper should make the saddle low enough but the bars might be marginal although I am hoping removing the floor will help gain a bit of clearance. Failing that I"d probably remove the spare wheel... I haven't got the car so difficult to tell...

Yeah, I haven't tried it with the floor removed so that might make enough difference to the bar and saddle height. I got a boot liner from Rhino that goes right up to the front seats and that works really well.