has anyone fitted a TT QS gearbox onto in an S3?

Stuart B

Reaction score
It apparently has a different clutch and longer gears.

I looked into this a QS gearbox came up on the TT forum. compared to a standard tt 225 box which I presume is the same as an S3 the only real difference is a shorter third gear. I presume this helps the 0-60 time fractionally as the TT won't make 60 in second. It does mean that there is a bigger hole between third and 4th.
It appears the QS clutch is actually weaker than the TT/S3 clutch and QS owners change to the normal TT item.

I mean instead of the standard O2M gearbox on the AMK and BAM engines. Aren't they the same between TT and S3?

Thanks Karl I actually thought the QS gearbox had a longer second gear hence it's 0-60 is 5.7 instead of 6.4

Turn the rev limit up a bit and you will get 60 if thats all you actually want to do but in all honesty... really? really though? ;)

IIRC the TTQS and late TT boxes are the precursor to the 02Q with the plastic cover over the input shaft...

Have heard these boxes can be more problematic but not seen anything concrete either way...

I suspect they will have the 02Q issue of input shaft play that requires shimming behind the plastic cap (or however they do it :) )

<tuffty/>

Thanks, it was really just a point raised I had not seen here before. And looking for a possibly explanation on the 0-60 improvement when only 75kg has been shed between TT and TTQS so the QS is only actually 25kg lighter than an S3

QS uses the R32/TT 3.2 clutch and flywheel hence why so many didn’t last long remapped.

Can use a 225 clutch and flywheel tho without issue