Audadi s3 8p

Reaction score
Hey guys

I've recently upgraded my s3 to stage 2+

Full 3.5" exhaust from turbo back
Apr hpfp
Apr intake
Stage 2+ software

Now I asked about stage 3 and was told the kit was 12k ? I was assuming that would be a kit going from standard to stage 3 ?

Can anyone help and tell me what other parts I would need for the stage 3 as I already am half way there

Thanks Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
494cdbac3c39ba52e33fb42315136fbc.jpg

Last edited:
There is no definite answer here as it depends on who is mapping your car. If you are just going down the APR route just look at the kit and talk to your supplier.
Not every stage 3 car will run the same turbo if you are going down the non APR route.
To get reliable performance from a big turbo you will need to have your engine forged. In addition, an intercooler, a 165 bar fuel pressure relief valve, an uprated lpfp. Not to mention, uprated injectors. Depending on how far you want to go and how much cash is available, you may wish to consider a hybrid TTE 420 turbo which can be run without a forged engine. APR software can be used or other custom software is compatible.
If it were me, living in the U.K. , I would contact AKS about the build and RTech for the mapping or for APR it would be Awesome GTi.

Okay yeah cool I was told $12000 Aus dollars for stage 3 kit I feel like that would be with exhaust ect so I'll more likely be looking at buying parts separately rather than the apr kit and also would rather do it without a built engine

If I was to get a tte 420 what other parts would be needed apart from the software ?

Thanks mate appreciate the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: the TTE420, you would need an RS4 FPV and uprated injectors (RS4 or new RS3 are recommended). That will get you around 400bhp (300Kw @ flywheel). What APR intake do you have as this may be a limiting factor? If it's hot where you are then an uprated intercooler is probably going to be needed too. I'm assuming you've had the clutch done already? Have you spoken to Ben at Tarmac yet, as he is one of the best tuners in AUS and offers remote tuning. https://www.tarmacengineering.com.au/

With the TTE 420 you would need the 165 bar pressure release valve which holds a higher pressure than the RS4 valve. You would also need an uprated lpfp. The type of pump would depend on the age of your car. Facelift and newer often use the TTRS lpfp.
As mentioned earlier, you also need an uprated intercooler. The APR version is good but expensive. I used the Wagner.