Help Please Fuse: Control unit for vehicle electrical system

Jacko221

Reaction score
Does anybody know what the below fuse is for?

In the owners manual it says
"luggage compartment,
fuse carrier B (black),
No. 11 'control unit for vehicle electrical system',
20 amp"

VCDS won't connect.
Tried a brand new batter with no luck.

A fuse in the boot keeps blowing
-Control unit 2 for vehicle’s electrical system
-20 amp

In the owners manual it says
"luggage compartment,
fuse carrier B (black),
No. 11 'control unit for vehicle electrical system',
20 amp"

I put a brand new 20 amp fuse in then connected the battery. The fuse instantly blows.

All dash lights are off except the
-electric handbrake switch led (which doesn't release the handbrake)
-light on dash showing handbrake is on.

No power to the stereo or any other screens.

I can put the headllights on which also turns interior leds on and also i can use the windows

So power is there.

However the key is stuck in the ignition but even trying to start, no power at all, all dash is powerless.

I think this is the central convenience unit in the boot on the right hand side. You have a short circuit which keeps blowing the fuse. This module supplies power to lots of modules. I would start by un-plugging things like the rear light clusters one by one and see if the fuse keeps blowing.

Reactions: Jacko221
So I unplugged the module in the boot (BCM2?) the code was 8K0907064DP - when I unplugged the power the fuse stopped blowing.

I did a VCDS scan but as there was no power I saw a trick online to wake up some modules without any power from the key.

I think that the general plan on these VAG forums, when asking for helping and using VCDS, is that you are assumed to be using a legal version of VCDS. As you seem to be using version 15.7 I'm guessing that either you do not own a legal version of VCDS or for some curious reason have not found any good reason to keep your legally owned version up to date as current version is 18.2 !

Reactions: Jacko221 and DJAlix
Thats just what I got sent mate. I'm unsure what vcds version they're running.

A friend is checking the car over and forwarding me the findings. I'm just being the middle man and pushing everywhere as its my car.

If you feel that is illegal, i can remove it?

Well you have posted it now so probably just leave it there, but don't come back asking for help based on using hooky versions of VCDS.