Audi S3 FL mpg problem

hi guys,

ive had my new S3 just under a month now and ive seen that my MPG is drastically under what the books say, im averaging 17mpg since ive got it. All be it, it hasnt all been sensible driving

tried testing a 25 mile motorway journey in efficiency mode at 70mph, it struggled to go above 26mpg
my work commute i get about 16-18mpg which isnt a long journey, with minimal traffic

also my range from a full tank has gone from 375 miles to 250 miles. same petrol (v power) full tank on both.

is there anything im doing wrong?

Give you engine more time to rack some mileage. Mpg will improve slightly as more miles are done.

This cold weather/cold start doesn’t help the fuel economy either. If your commute to work is less than 5 miles and don’t average a speed over 30mph then tbh under 20mpg sounds right.

New threads like this are fine. At the end of the day we have new users and also old users with more experience of their car. Therefore we may have new knowledge about the questions being asked.

Reactions: KenL
I managed to get over 41 MPG in my 2014 PFL the other day :wink::wink:

Who said performance cars can't be economical? :whistle2:

Attachments

• IMG_7349.JPG
    IMG_7349.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 99

I managed 44mpg on a 20mile country road journey. Car was fully warm before I started the journey so this helped too.

Attachments

• C8413F89-B248-4B1A-9D15-38C737B2DAE2.jpeg
    C8413F89-B248-4B1A-9D15-38C737B2DAE2.jpeg
    557.8 KB · Views: 103
Just had delivery of mine confirmed this moment. 7th March. Looking forward to contributing to these figures. The one data point that I've not been able to find is "live in London mostly in traffic". Hopefully it'll be helpful to people in a similar position living in a metropolitan area.

I've averaged 32mpg over 13000 miles doing this in a 435d, with no particular attention paid to economy, but always leaving it in comfort mode except on the occasions when I need to show some youngun that it isn't just a de-badged 420i.

Reactions: Tom.H
I’m averaging 15 MPG in london traffic in my RS3. But on motorway or drives that don’t have lots of stopping and starting I can get 25-30MPG.

Over the past 2 weeks since having my car and driving around 900 miles I have an average overall MPG of 19.

Reactions: Tom.H

Impressive. Got upto 40mpg earlier while on M6 over like 30 mile journey but 20? of that was 50 mph zone.

Ended the 190 mile journey at 36.4 mpg / 57mph average.

I'm a sado and log long journeys and the info shown on the DIS. This was one of my higher average speeds, but... The best mpg :)
First time using Costco fuel too as I was up north. So cheap compared to Momentum and Vpower!

So I didn’t buy an S3 for its fuel efficiency, but..... I do use the car for work sometimes and can claim the mileage back, so wanted something that had the potential to offer decent MPG. So massively impressed with 42 mpg on a work trip (admittedly driving like miss Daisy!)

I’ve had the car only a few weeks and covered about 2k and averaged (according to the trip computer) 29.5mpg. My daily commute is 50 miles mixed driving, both start stop and dual carriage way. I’m happy with this. And I do drive it pretty hard in dynamic at the weekends!!!

Attachments

• 21C8A19D-1E6E-4F91-8E0A-64EB81B055BF.jpeg
    21C8A19D-1E6E-4F91-8E0A-64EB81B055BF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
Reactions: oli356
Probably would have been helpful to say mines a 2017 FL with 3k on the clock!!!