My A4 has arrived - help with service plans please...

rcb27

Reaction score
Very excited to be joining the Audi club after the last few years driving two Merc A-classes.

I've gone for a Manhattan Grey A4 1.4 TFSI S-Line with Stronic and: tech pack, parking pack, hill hold, high beam assist, flat-bottom steering wheel, extended LED lighting and privacy glass and grey split Alcantara interior.

I'm very very excited though have some reservations about my colour choices - the grey is a lot darker than I expected (I wanted a dark grey but you need a bright day to show off the MG colour) and I'm not convinced on the rotor grey interior - I hope it grows on me.

With my last few cars, I've had service packs that include servicing, maintenance and tyres. These have been mandatory through my company's lease scheme but I've liked h

I've asked my dealer to quote for Audi Complete and wanted a second opinion = particularly as the variable service regime is confusing me.

I have a 4yr / 10k pa PCP agreement and the dealer has quoted me the following:

Audi Complete Service and Maintenace (3 yrs, 12k pa) - 25/mo
Audi Complete Service, Maintenance and Tyres (3yrs, 12k pa) 40mo

Questions:
  • Why have they not come back with a 4 yr /1ok quote - is the dealer being tricky or is that standard?
  • If I take a 3 (or 4) year plan and device to change the car - do I have to continue paying for the service plan for the full term (if I opt to pay monthly?
  • Should I just put the 40/mo in a saving account and self-fund everything (as advised by my dealer)?
  • Are the service plan rates negotiable?
Obviously, I'll talk to my dealer closer to the collection (end of March), just wanted to get some background information before I have that conversation.

Thanks!

If there anything like the examples on the Audi website then you only pay for 18months but are covered for 3 years.

Once the cars over 3 years old it goes onto the 3 year + service plan I assume.

The site quotes anything under 3 years old and under 2.0litres as £26 per month for 18months without tyres so £468... I think in that 3 years you get 2 services, I reckon you could get them cheaper than £468!

See if they will do it any cheaper, others seem to have got quite a discount on it.

Thanks TC18 - that's a really good point about the cheaper services after 3 years. I'll have a look at the Audi website and talk to my dealer - I quite like the worry-free nature of these plans but they probably workout quite expensive in the long run...

Welcome rcb and congrats on the order.

Be sure to post up some pics when you’re finally in the car. I’d be particularly interested to see the rotor grey interior as I’m a fan of light interiors but was unsure on the shade of grey myself and haven’t seen it in the flesh.

I went Daytona as had it before (love it) and was a bit unsure on any of the others colours on offer. Gutted they don’t offer Navarra on the A4 as would have probably gone with that.

I also enquired about a service plan and like you was told to just put money aside monthly. Wonder why this is? Either the dealers aren’t making any money here or they’re being honest and don’t think it’s value for money - probably the former.

My (long-suffering) salesman has made me a video of the car sitting out in the compound (he know's I struggle with delayed gratification). I think the the driver's seat looks excellent:

Rotor grey 3

But I'm not too sure about the rear bench - looks like a stained/faded fabric interior from 20 years ago. Hopefully, its just the video quality and it will look a lot better in person / after they do the PDI work - I'll be trying to get some better pictures once I have it delivered. Fingers crossed, I really do like a lighter interior...

Rotor grey 1 Rotor grey 2