advice on lowering springs/coilovers

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
i was thinking go for 40mm h&r springs, as my cars the s-line and lowered 20mm from the factory,am i right in saying from 40mm springs im going to get a 20mm drop?

or do i get jom coilovers....or even raceland, as these are around the same price as h&r springs.

what lowering spring are you guys using on your 2.0 tdi s-line cabriolet's? on 19 "WHEELS

pics ?

Which H&R springs are the 40mm? The most they do for an S5/A5 is 35mm axle drop (40mm front 55mm back) from what I know, I just bought the lowest springs they do for ours and they are going on this friday (35mm axle drop from standard height).
I did notice that if you google s5/a5 h&R springs it shows you the 40mm ford springs in the shopping results at the top but doesnt say Ford in the title, maybe you have seen these by mistake? if you click on the and select the vehicle drop down you should see it's ford only.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/...9d66a9ee459b6b1c493f2c1892c9d07d2dfa89&000559

These are the H&R springs for ours above :)

I’ve only heard good things about the JOM/Blueline coilovers

i was thinking go for 40mm h&r springs, as my cars the s-line and lowered 20mm from the factory,am i right in saying from 40mm springs im going to get a 20mm drop?

or do i get jom coilovers....or even raceland, as these are around the same price as h&r springs.

what lowering spring are you guys using on your 2.0 tdi s-line cabriolet's? on 19 "WHEELS

pics ?

Mine are on 35 mil H&R Springs don't go any lower on springs.

Cheers

I have apex 35mm springs for sale and not looking for much as i got them from a member when i bought his BCS TB