Help Please Oil level problem

JamesGlober

Reaction score
Changed my oil out on Friday and found some had leaked out yesterday and today. Unfortunately my engine doesn’t have a dip stick and is all electronically measured!! Now all it says is there is no information available on oil level... has anyone else had this and know a way to check the oil level?

Model - A4 b8.5 2014 TDI

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had that before m8. Buy a dipstick off ebay or go to your local dealer. I got mine from pullman vw and it wasn't too badly priced, I think it was under a tenner

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

The display only works once the engine is warm and has then been switched off for two minutes ( but with the ignition still turned on )....nice and easy eh

That’s was from the B8 section but worth a try to see if it’s the same, I know mine won’t show till after it’s heated up

I’d deff get yourself a stick though

Just had to do this on mine, think the steps were (and it needed to be warmed up before I did this so do it when you've been out in the car):

Open the bonnet, turn the ignition on but keep the engine off (and shut the drivers door)
Go to Car->Oil Level and wait until the oil level is briefly displayed on the center console
Close the bonnet and take the key out

It's something to do with the combination of bonnet opening/closing and the ignition coming on that sorts it out so just have a play if that doesn't work exactly.

Changed my oil out on Friday and found some had leaked out yesterday and today.

More importantly, what do mean, oil had leaked out? There's only two - three places it can leak, either sump plug not tight, oil filter cap has been cross-threaded, assuming rubber 'o' rings are fitted (difficult to do but not impossible), or oil filler cap has been left off.

2.0TDI (177PS) takes 5 litres from empty.

Where is the dipstick point on the 2.0 tdi engines. Can't for the life of me figure out where the plug covering where a dipstick would go....... I know I'm being thick but can't find where on the engine it is.

Where is the dipstick point on the 2.0 tdi engines. Can't for the life of me figure out where the plug covering where a dipstick would go....... I know I'm being thick but can't find where on the engine it is.

Can you see it now? Little cap centre of picture

Attachments

• 7D5E91F0-F46C-47FD-8EC9-7F2F2A2B76DF.jpeg
    7D5E91F0-F46C-47FD-8EC9-7F2F2A2B76DF.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 274
Reactions: davidg123
Don't know why but in my tinny little mind I thought that the engine cover stuck out further than that. Thanks for the post though, much appreciated