My mind is made up.....No more wax......

As already pointed out, theres alot of myths and urban legands surrounding ceramics etc

I started using ceramics around 4-5 years back and all I ever recommend now are them...my favourite brands are Gtechniq and Gyeon...havent tried much else as I get on so well with these...all of our cars are protected using the above products and even I wouldnt go back to using a wax unless it was for a show...and even then, its a maybe depending on lighting/indoor/outdoor etc

Before that, my go to wax was Dodo Blue Velvet and Zaino range of products...since making the switch, they are just sat there in the garage collecting dust!

The initial outlay of a ceramic is alot more money, but they do last so much longer - years as opposed to weeks...gloss is always up there too

In regards to maintenance, its the same as a wax coating...you will top up a wax coating using spray detailers etc...much like you do with a ceramic coating...you dont have to, but you can! And in this respect, they dont need to be dedicated for the coating, most coatings will work well with most top up coats/spray detailers

The additional bonus besides the durability of a ceramic, is its resistance to swirls when washing and maintaining the car, thats a BIG bonus where I have found TONS of reduced marks on the paint after a years vs a wax which generally offers little to no protection to the paint

Wax has its uses and is always a pleasure to carry out, but ceramics have taken over for me
A part from all the positives with ceramic coatings there's one rather big negative.... Water spotting on the bonnet and roof, l have left my car in the drive a good few times whilst on holiday and the water spotting was horrendous, some hard work and paint correction removed most, but others remained ....

Reactions: Audib5fan
A part from all the positives with ceramic coatings there's one rather big negative.... Water spotting on the bonnet and roof, l have left my car in the drive a good few times whilst on holiday and the water spotting was horrendous, some hard work and paint correction removed most, but others remained ....

Thats strange, in all my years of using ceramics, I have never had that issue...either on my cars or others!

What brand did you use?

Thats strange, in all my years of using ceramics, I have never had that issue...either on my cars or others!

What brand did you use?

Gtechniq c1/EXOv2 the spotting was most severe on the centre of the roof and the bonnet edge adjacent to the window wipers

Gtechniq c1/EXOv2 the spotting was most severe on the centre of the roof and the bonnet edge adjacent to the window wipers

Strange...I have heard of this happening but never happened to me because the use of ceramics...on a previous car, I used to get this issue with Sonax Brilliant Shine with the spotting in the paint...swapped spray detail and its not happened since, that wasnt ceramic coated either!

My two cents and I guess an early review of ceramic coating on my new car, so far I love the coating, when i picked it up the car looked better than when I took delivery at new. I had protective film installed on the front of the car from the a pillar forward and then had the whole car ceramic coated to the finish feels consistent across the board.

I have yet to need to wash the car to see how well it cleans up but so far I am a fan.

My two cents and I guess an early review of ceramic coating on my new car, so far I love the coating, when i picked it up the car looked better than when I took delivery at new. I had protective film installed on the front of the car from the a pillar forward and then had the whole car ceramic coated to the finish feels consistent across the board.

I have yet to need to wash the car to see how well it cleans up but so far I am a fan.

Hi was it just solely a ceramic coating you've had applied or did you get a hydrophobic solution also on top,the like's of EXOv3,reason l ask is ceramic coatings need regular top ups with a solution to keep the looking good....

If you don’t mind me asking how much did you pay for the front to be protected with the film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk