Spring settle????

Sparkiestdean

Reaction score
So just got my a6 c7 back from having a set of h&r sport springs fitted. There 35-40mm drop. The front sits really nice but the bck is still a little high. The guy that fitted them said that it will take a while for the back to settle and drop a bit. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen with h&r springs and if they really do settle and drop??

I've fitted 3 sets of springs over the years to different model Audi models, and never had springs settle.

Also if the rears settle then the front would also settle, making the front of the car even lower....

Cheers i dunno the back is near standard height and the front is down loads. Also after a drive the bck switches from lower on the right. Then take it another drive then its lower on the left. I took this as the springs bedding in lol. I don't know what to do as they are obviously not doin as they stated

On my C6 I fitted a full eibach pro kit including shocks that was a perfect ride height both front & rear. Are you sure they have supplied the correct springs for your car chassis type, engine, quattro etc.

I've not used H&R so cannot help with that.

Yes 100 percent the right springs. Dunno what to do people say wait a few weeks and it should go down. But I'm an impatient sod lol. Wonder if a good set of shocks would help as I just have standard ones on at the min

But that would then mean the front which you say is Ok at the moment will also go down further, there is no reason why rear spring would need time to settle (total nonsense in my eyes) and the front does not.

How many miles has the car got?

Thought front settled quick because of the weight of the engine. There 57k on it

Well after a few weeks now the back has finally decided to come down very happy with the results. Thanks to all that gave me advice

Attachments

• IMG-20180308-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20180308-WA0011.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 349
Reactions: StuF and Rhyso