Old iPod Classic and new B9 RS4

RGBARGEE

Reaction score
Hi folks. I have just picked up a new RS4 and have a problem finding somewhere to attach my old iPod classic with over 40,000 tracks on. there is a USB 2 under armrest which is used for my iPhone and CarPlay. No where else apart from an upfront USB1 . Any ideas? Surely I am not alone in wanting my old iPod to work. Any ideas? Thanks RG

The iPod classic unfortunately won’t work with CarPlay. If your headunit has Bluetooth you could try a 3.5mm to Bluetooth adapter. Plenty of these available on the net.

I used to keep an iPod nano permanently plugged in, in the glovebox of my old S3 8P. Since buying my S3 8v I was faced with the same problem. I had to save my music onto an SD card which fits into a slot in the glovebox. Not only was it a faff to do, I also had the problem of some of my older iTunes purchased tracks being DRM protected therefore wouldn't play or be visible on the SD card. You can see which tracks are in your iTunes library. Ended up burning them to disk in another format and then dropping them onto the card. REALLY annoying as I've paid for those tracks.
Hope you find a way around it, I couldn't be without my tunes :rockwoot:

I used to keep an iPod nano permanently plugged in, in the glovebox of my old S3 8P. Since buying my S3 8v I was faced with the same problem. I had to save my music onto an SD card which fits into a slot in the glovebox. Not only was it a faff to do, I also had the problem of some of my older iTunes purchased tracks being DRM protected therefore wouldn't play or be visible on the SD card. You can see which tracks are in your iTunes library. Ended up burning them to disk in another format and then dropping them onto the card. REALLY annoying as I've paid for those tracks.
Hope you find a way around it, I couldn't be without my tunes :rockwoot:

You should have two usb slots in your armrest cubbyhole.
My FL does
I have an iPod permanently connected and my iPhone occasionally connected for Apple car play

I also have wireless charging, so mainly use that.

I tried the USB slot option when I first got the car but the latest MMI doesn't seem to support an iPod nano as old as mine is!
It would have been quicker if it had but having said that now the SD card is sorted it's just a matter of dropping a few new tracks on there when I buy them which only takes a couple of seconds.
You can see if your device is supported at www.audi.com/MP3
Never bother with Apple car play.