Facelift Got stuck in snow mown having problems

Wxm

Reaction score
driving in blizzard conditions early and managed to ground the A3 on over a foot snow . Which was totally compacted under the car. And iced . Had to be towed out :( and a piece snapped off from underneath and now the car wobbles over 35mph. (Can’t edit title to say ‘now ‘)

Attachments

• BABCF2B4-582F-4A6B-BAD5-7623878E6A39.jpeg
    BABCF2B4-582F-4A6B-BAD5-7623878E6A39.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 380
  • 54E3CE35-F6A3-4CB5-BFC5-34C2B76F2A42.jpeg
    54E3CE35-F6A3-4CB5-BFC5-34C2B76F2A42.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 335
Reactions: Audi Bairn
your poor baby☹️have you tried googling it? or maybe take it to your nearest Audi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

driving in blizzard conditions early and managed to ground the A3 on over a foot snow . Which was totally compacted under the car. And iced . Had to be towed out :( and a piece snapped off from underneath and now the car wobbles over 35mph. (Can’t edit title to say ‘now ‘)

Were you out on summer tyres by any chance "driving in blizzard conditions early and managed to ground the A3 on over a foot snow." :sadlike:

No. I have winter tyres

Reactions: 45bvtc and Audi Bairn
No. I have winter tyres
I suspect that wouldn't have changed the ride height of the car much anyway.
Sorry to hear about your damage, hope you get sorted soon.

My wife went off the road some time ago and was pulled out. Car seemed fine apart from bad vibration. Thought maybe she had damaged the front underneath somehow.
Took it to the local tyre place and they found that the inside of one of the wheels was full of mud.
Just wonder if it could be the same here - but with snow?

Reactions: Wxm
No. I have winter tyres

GREAT news!

I'm with RichardT; first make sure that everything is clean in and around the wheel rim and then get the front wheels and tyres checked for distortion and balance.

A quick check, swap the rears and fronts over and give a good visual check to the front wheels and tyres in the process; if all seems OK appraise the "wobble" i.e., better or worse or same. Same and for sure its NOT a wheel/tyre problem

Reactions: Wxm
Thanks . I’ve put it in the garage over night so hopefully all the snow will melt from around the wheels . But they all seemed clear when I had a look . Then I guess I’ll have to go to the local gagare . Maybe a wheel weight has come off . It feels like I have a flat tyre(s) when driving . Any idea what that piece is that’s come off underneath?
Anyway after the ‘event ‘ I opened the bonnet and there was loadsss of snow compacted in the bottom on the engine bay at the sides and the front and back.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and 45bvtc
Thanks . I’ve put it in the garage over night so hopefully all the snow will melt from around the wheels . But they all seemed clear when I had a look . Then I guess I’ll have to go to the local gagare . Maybe a wheel weight has come off . It feels like I have a flat tyre(s) when driving . Any idea what that piece is that’s come off underneath?
Anyway after the ‘event ‘ I opened the bonnet and there was loadsss of snow compacted in the bottom on the engine bay at the sides and the front and back.

Just looks like an inner trim duct/plate. Re-fitable I guess, maybe with new clips. Heavy stuff snow, can do a fair bit of damage.

Fingers crossed for you.

Wobble is from snow compacted inside of wheels. That piece of plastic screws on just under where the downpipe bracket attaches to the rubber mount

Reactions: Audi Bairn and 45bvtc