Facelift Heated Seats - not so hot

s3marc

S3 Sportback , Mythos Black
Reaction score
It seems to me that each Audi I get , the heated seats get less and less warm.

Is it just my car , or is everyones heated seats less than impressive - I want them to burn my bum. My Wife's A1 has warmer seats than mine. Is this Audi trying to make a more energy efficient car. You can hardly sell this as a heated seat , more of a "take the chill off a leather seat".

Does anyone know of any way of tweaking the car to make them warmer?

I actually think they are an improvement on my last 59 plate 8P which were pretty poor on maximum compared to the 08 and 05 plates ones I had previous.
I very rarely have them set to number 3 as I can find them too hot

Reactions: s3marc
Mine (MY2017) heat up really quickly and can't leave them at full power for long once they, and have to turn them back or off completely

On the highest of the 3 settings mine is very hot, very quickly...........lovely...!

No problems with mine either, even in the recent cold spell never had them on 3 bars for more than a few mins

Mine get pretty toasty, don’t keep them on 3 bars for long at all, they tend to be fully heated within 5 mins.

My friends heated seats in his 335d are a lot warmer though, uncomfortably so.

I've never even considered specifying heated seats on a new car, mostly because I wear trousers when driving.

Each to their own, I reckon.

Reactions: Goner and Jassyo06
I've never even considered specifying heated seats on a new car, mostly because I wear trousers when driving.

Each to their own, I reckon.

What keeps your pizza warm on your way back from the take away?

Reactions: Mark_86, well_cool, Daveotto and 4 others

Looks like I may need a trip to the stealers to get them checked out - cos my Pizza would be cold by the time I got home - cheers peeps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: josul and Audi Bairn
You'll have to help me, old fruit. This is outside my comfort zone.

Is a takeaway pizza something you have to get in the car and collect because you don't know how to make a proper one at home?

I had fabric/alcantara seats on my S3 and I could have the heating at maximum and it wouldn’t “burn my bum”

On my RS3 with full leather it will burn (lol) - so the material seems to make a difference unless your @jassyo06 who has an **** like the sun that creates its own heat :p

I had fabric/alcantara seats on my S3 and I could have the heating at maximum and it wouldn’t “burn my bum”

On my RS3 with full leather it will burn (lol) - so the material seems to make a difference unless your @jassyo06 who has an **** like the sun that creates its own heat :p
Yip mate... ..A regular Human Torch....... I am
Giphy 1

Reactions: josul
i stained the cloth seat base in my previous sline doing that....

Reactions: josul and Jassyo06
MY16 sline (cloth seats/leather bolsters) I find setting 3 gets very toasty and then just as it starts to get too much it automatically moves down to setting 2 which I find a nice touch. So no problems at all.

Reactions: oli356
im never on setting 3 really, might not be linked but im sure i got a few more sags in the seat base leather at the start of this winter when i rolled around with setting 3 on for a while?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Don't do heated seats as l mentioned but putting a pizza in your cabin...... That's on my blasphemy list .....never put ****** food in my car

Reactions: josul and Phutters
Don't do heated seats as l mentioned but putting a pizza in your cabin...... That's on my blasphemy list .....never put ****** food in my car
what about uncooked food?!
lesson learnt, everything goes in the boot now lol

You'll have to help me, old fruit. This is outside my comfort zone.

Is a takeaway pizza something you have to get in the car and collect because you don't know how to make a proper one at home?

Happy to help an old fruit;

No, enjoying a takeaway pizza has nothing to do with your culinary skills; nor has dining out.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I find that my S3 seats (3 settings) are never quite as warm as the seats were on my B8.5 A4 (6 settings, IIRC).

I can fry eggs on my seats when on max setting. most handy when i dont have time to cook breakfast before setting off for the day

Reactions: s3marc, josul and Jassyo06
Happy to help an old fruit;

No, enjoying a takeaway pizza has nothing to do with your culinary skills; nor has dining out.
I was only pulling your leg.

Old fruit ...:couple inlove:

Same here ... seats get roasting hot on level 3 within a couple of minutes - and I quickly adjust to level 2 or 1.

I see you have the 'exclusive seats' @s3marc ... I wonder if that has anything to do with it ?

Either way, as you say, trip to the Stealers to get them to check as it does sound like there is an issue

I find that on a cold day with the temp around 0 the 3 setting feels much warmer. This must be to do with the fact that I’m much colder anyway. On my 1hr commute I’ll keep it on for 2/3 cycles of the 10 min then keep it on 2.

I love the feature and something I’d have to spec in the future.

Last edited:
The seats in my FL get noticeably hotter then those I had in my PFL.

On setting three it gets uncomfortable after a time, but they must have some type of thermostat built in as they go back to setting 2 when they have been on for a while...

The seats in my FL get noticeably hotter then those I had in my PFL.

On setting three it gets uncomfortable after a time, but they must have some type of thermostat built in as they go back to setting 2 when they have been on for a while...

The 3rd setting times out after 10 min.

Reactions: oli356 and josul
The 3rd setting times out after 10 min.

You can change the time with VCDS, default is 10. Zero is no auto changing. Not sure if this has been done on a FL, will have to have a look.

There are two time settings, one from 3 to 2 and another from 2 to 1 on the FL.