SQ5 My SQ5 Order Thread *Exclusive Colour*

Value does drop quickly (when you leave showroom), but settles. Never had an issue changing cars after 2.5+ years and getting deposit back. Last car I did change after 18 months, so had to add, but just put in a bit to reduce monthlies so next change will definitely be fine. As long as car is worth more than GFV, but obv. worst case scenario you just hand back at end of term (assuming it was PCP in the 1st place).

Value does drop quickly (when you leave showroom), but settles. Never had an issue changing cars after 2.5+ years and getting deposit back. Last car I did change after 18 months, so had to add, but just put in a bit to reduce monthlies so next change will definitely be fine. As long as car is worth more than GFV, but obv. worst case scenario you just hand back at end of term (assuming it was PCP in the 1st place).

It is on PCP - was going to pay it off and decide what to do later but I suspect it wont be worth more than the GFV well before it gets to 4 years old - or I get three more years for only 11k depreciation.

I think the days of PCP with equity left at the end are disappearing fast - certainly on the BMW forums many are VT'ing early and getting into a new car as negative equity seems to exist throughout.

I pt £9k in to keep the monthlies down - probably wont do that again.....

Agree, I generally don't put in more than £3-£5k, as apart from keeping monthlies lower, not a massive benefit, assuming you can afford monthlies.
You could be right, but again does depend of make/model.

I have a mate looking for a used Audi Q5, can get great deals on used A6's (what i had!) but Q5's hold value even past the 3 year mark.

My A6 Avant was a 66 plate, I got £22k P/x and dealer sold for around £24k. That is on a 18 month old £40k car, but then bad example as A6 about to be replaced. (I did get a £10k discount when I bought the A6 in 2016).

The Q5's GFV is £20,995, so would be amazed if is not not worth at least £25k at 3 years old (only 3 months old now :).

Moral of the story (I think), if you get a car with massive discount because it is due replacement, it is likely to affect resale later. this is not the case with Q5 and SQ5, as only been out since 2017, so would imagine meaningful F/L will only be due in 2019

I agree on desirability of model, and whether its now an old model etc. I also had an A6 - 3.0TDi quattro 218 - bought for 32k (3months old, 3k miles) and sold for 26k 6 months later (change of circs and a car too many...)

I would be doubtful at you getting 25k at three years old, that would require dealer to be selling at nearer £30k. It migt retail at £25k or a smidge above, but part ex I reckon will be no more than £22k. Although I think you definitely have the best model for resale purposes....

Reactions: NevMan
My old mans Q5 2.0T S-Line was recently bid by a main dealer at £22k, its almost exactly 3 years old.

That said, they were giving him nearly 10% off the new one.

Good news!

Just had the text from my dealer to say my car has just arrived at UK Port!

Wheyyy!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: mxnrg, Meester_Steve, NevMan and 1 other person
I agree on desirability of model, and whether its now an old model etc. I also had an A6 - 3.0TDi quattro 218 - bought for 32k (3months old, 3k miles) and sold for 26k 6 months later (change of circs and a car too many...)

I would be doubtful at you getting 25k at three years old, that would require dealer to be selling at nearer £30k. It migt retail at £25k or a smidge above, but part ex I reckon will be no more than £22k. Although I think you definitely have the best model for resale purposes....

Not too worried as will owe quite a bit less than that following some extra payment. If p/x isn’t good at the time, will get extra k or so privately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news!

Wheyyy!!

Nice one

Reactions: CC-SQ5
My old mans Q5 2.0T S-Line was recently bid by a main dealer at £22k, its almost exactly 3 years old.

That said, they were giving him nearly 10% off the new one.

So that would be 1st gen then I gather? I got 12% off my new Q5

Good news!

Wheyyy!!

@CC-SQ5 If you're happy to share, which dealer have you ordered through?

Still battling with Audi UK, who today - I get a different story every day - say the hold up on my vehicle is back log at the ports, both sides of the North Sea now.

I mentioned (loosely) you and Geordie_Lee ordered after me and your cars in the the UK and asked as to why. They didn't have an answer but said that shouldn't be the case and would look into it. Knowing your dealer will help them identify the vehicles, anonymously I hope, so they can see I'm not given them some bull and may get some movement. I live in hope...

Pleased you should be picking up the lilac/orange/turquoise* beast soon, but simultaneously annoyed, in the nicest possible way. It's tough being a bitter, grumpy old man, waiting so long for a car...with no ETA in sight. :(

*Other colours are available ;)

Last edited:

Still battling with Audi UK, who today - I get a different story every day - say the hold up on my vehicle is back log at the ports, both sides of the North Sea now.

I mentioned (loosely) you and Geordie_Lee ordered after me and your cars in the the UK and asked as to why. They didn't have an answer but said that shouldn't be the case and would look into it. Knowing your dealer will help them identify the vehicles, anonymously I hope, so they can see I'm not given them some bull and may get some movement. I live in hope...

Pleased you should be picking up the lilac/orange/turquoise* beast soon, but simultaneously annoyed, in the nicest possible way. It's tough being a bitter, grumpy old man, waiting so long for a car...with no ETA in sight. :(

I have often fancied the idea of completely specc'ing a car that I want, but the more I read these kind of things, the less inclined I am. Really hope you get some better news soon @Meester_Steve. :concern:

I mentioned (loosely) you and Geordie_Lee ordered after me and you're cars in the the UK and asked as to why. They didn't have an answer but said that shouldn't be the case and would look into it. Knowing your dealer will help them identify the vehicles, anonymously I hope, so they can see I'm not given them some bull and may get some movement. I live in hope...

Pleased you should be picking up the lilac/orange/turquoise* beast soon, but simultaneously annoyed, in the nicest possible way. It's tough being a grumpy old man, waiting so long for a car...with no ETA in sight. :(

Yeah no problem, Glasgow Audi - who I must admit have been spot on, well atleast the girl that sold me it she checks the tracker every day and keeps me informed.

Sad to hear your having troubles getting your car, like me you would expect more from them, is there no any further help from Audi UK complaints or CS?

Colour be revealed soon

@CC-SQ5
Cheers, appreciated. At least I can evidence to a degree later orders are arriving in the UK.

A customer services manager is calling me back today, allegedly, with an update. We’ll see.

@CC-SQ5
Cheers, appreciated. At least I can evidence to a degree later orders are arriving in the UK.

A customer services manager is calling me back today, allegedly, with an update. We’ll see.

I just heard that my RS3 has now hit the UK after almost 6 weeks in Emden. The dealer has Q5's that have been stuck there for almost 2 months due to issues. There are delays with certain cars due to QC, recalls etc. Q5's and RS3's appear to be the most affected.

I just heard that my RS3 has now hit the UK after almost 6 weeks in Emden. The dealer has Q5's that have been stuck there for almost 2 months due to issues. There are delays with certain cars due to QC, recalls etc. Q5's and RS3's appear to be the most affected.
6 weeks what a wait lol, I've waited best part of 7 months so far, What was the lead time of ordering the RS3 for you? I thought build was around 6-7 weeks for them atm.

6 weeks what a wait lol, I've waited best part of 7 months so far, What was the lead time of ordering the RS3 for you? I thought build was around 6-7 weeks for them atm.

That was 6 weeks at Emden port. Car was ordered by the dealer in March and built beginning of May.

MY18 RS3 ordering closed the second week of May and no ETA yet when the order books will reopen for MY19.

Nardo SQ5 would be very nice, but a real shame Black pack not available yet, as Nardo gets lost without it IMO
Yeah not in the UK anyways, Europe and usa it is which is crap. I enquired to buy all the black parts from Audi and TPS, comes in at £3.7k without fitting haha.

yes, appreciate they have it elsewhere around the world...typical. ****** hell! So you have gone for Nardo then :haha: - joking.

Good news!

Wheyyy!!

Excellent shouldn’t be too long

Reactions: Powerenhancer
So that would be 1st gen then I gather? I got 12% off my new Q5

To me £9k is about right and it’s what roughly got off the car..however. As noted you are restricted by colour and the option list is minimal which will impact its resale value...

Does seem little odd...keep us posted

Does seem little odd...keep us posted

I suspect some vehicles are caught up in recalls in Emdem, with those ordered later being resolved at the factory hence later orders arriving in the UK sooner. This is the only explanation I have for mine being late whilst other RS3's built after mine sailed right through - the issue/s were resolved or fixes implemented at the factory rather than at the port. It is a right PITA for sure.

Still no ETA. Spoke to Audi again today who still said the delay was down to shipping backlogs.
However, they did say they were also waiting for a communication ‘from brand’, so I assume this means there’s something they need to tell people but in the right way, so they’re not legally exposed.

Still no ETA. Spoke to Audi again today who still said the delay was down to shipping backlogs.
However, they did say they were also waiting for a communication ‘from brand’, so I assume this means there’s something they need to tell people but in the right way, so they’re not legally exposed.
Thats a bit of a nightmare mate, I really can't understand what's going on with that. All I have seen bad news wise with the Q5 was that there is an issue with brakes within a certain manufacturing time bracket, the pedal and the WLTP regs coming in to place.

Tracker officially up to date!
906af4cde772825c6f8b99f41af672d0.jpg

Reactions: mxnrg, NevMan and paul wev

Hi, they are not being straight with you. There is a backlog with certain cars due to recalls/fixes etc but there is no shipping backlog as such. When I last called CS I told the agent not to come back to me with the usual shipping backlog BS as thousands of cars are getting through Emden to the UK in a matter of days. He then spoke to the sales team and come back with "there is a backlog with certain cars" and implied due to issues.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon. My dealer is also waiting on Q5's,

Just leaving this here guys
ded23cc757e4ba4dfb9987e90d628b9d.jpg

Good guess lol

Just leaving this here guys
ded23cc757e4ba4dfb9987e90d628b9d.jpg

Nardo underneath

After all this, hope it isn’t white

Reactions: Meester_Steve and Powerenhancer
The tracker is quite delayed. Mine arrived on Saturday 23/06, but was never updated..I thinks it’s about a week out of date.

Likely to be on a transporter by tomorrow to the dealer c70miles..not sure when i’ll Be able to pick it up

Attachments

• 1D999779-8BE1-4801-8904-75346FE82319.jpeg
    1D999779-8BE1-4801-8904-75346FE82319.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 286
Reactions: Powerenhancer, NevMan, Meester_Steve and 1 other person