Facelift Black edition rear privacy glass tint % ?

Wxm

Reaction score
anyone know what % the tint is ?. I’m thinking it’s 65% like golf gti/gtd

90%

The Golf is 65% standard with a cost option to have 90%

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Sandra
90%

The Golf is 65% standard with a cost option to have 90%

WTF ?!?!?

How bizare is that with the Golf.

65% standard and an option to make it darker ? :blink:

Reactions: Rob2k68
WTF ?!?!?

How bizare is that with the Golf.

65% standard and an option to make it darker ? :blink:

Tis true - scouts honour LoL

Not available with the 30% tint all round same in rear doors as in front (legal requirement 70% light transmission forward of B pillar)

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Snake Pliskin
..... on the ‘R’ and GTi anyway.

I don’t buy it at 90%... it doesn’t look that dark to me.

Reactions: oli356
Really, 90%? My last A3 didn't have tints from the factory, but got done afterwards - I'm not sure on the %, but deffo darker than on my S3 with black pack..

At least I'm sure they were :)
IMG 20150828 WA0039

Really, 90%? My last A3 didn't have tints from the factory, but got done afterwards - I'm not sure on the %, but deffo darker than on my S3 with black pack..

At least I'm sure they were
View attachment 150438

If genuine Audi privacy glass (sounds like it’s now included in the black pack) then the glass used is called Venus Grey 10 the 10 being the light transmission so 90% tint. Maybe they’ve made it lighter on the FL but that was definitely the case on the PFL. Black pack used to be black grille and window surrounds with privacy tints still being an option.

Of course it depends on the light source and if you’re inside looking out rather than outside looking in (without a light source in the car or entering through the windows on the other side).

Looks like you had front tints too on the pic so prob will look overall darker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Go to a window tinting company instead of Audi, I had all my tears done on my 2017 S3 sportback for £175, Audi wanted £375 & it was the same company that I used that do it for them anyway. Mine are 90%.

Is factory glass not actually tinted glass rather than just having a film applied?

Only lightly tinted, all optional tints are done with film.

Only if the glass is laminated then a tinted film can be applied in the middle of the two layers of glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro