Re-new member with new motor

Pablos007

With great power comes great responsibility
Reaction score
I originally joined the forum in 2008 when I had an 8L S3 and 8N Mk1 TT track car, but not logged in much since then as life got a whole lot busier. Have had a few modified VAG motors in those ten years including a Mk5 Golf GTI, Golf R32's (Mk4 & Mk5), 8J 3.2 TT Coupe, B7 RS4 saloon and most recently a Mk7 Golf R with APR stage 1 and VWR induction parts. Whilst the G7R was a fast and competent motor it lacked the soundtrack to go with the speed, so the plan last year was to get an 8P RS3 for the 5-cylinder noise.

Ended up waiting a few months to raise the extra cash and a few weeks ago picked up a 2016 8V RS3 Sportback, and I am absolutely loving it so far. Similar power (at the moment!) to the APR stage 1 G7R, but the RS3 sounds so good.
biggrin.png

Here's a couple of photos:

2017 12 RS3 advert01a

2017 12 RS3 advert03a

It's my first car with a DSG box and it took a bit of getting used to, but I am really getting to like it. Already debadged it and have some genuine Audi carbon mirror caps to be fitted. Planning to change the wheels soon as I really don't like the blades, but not quite decided to go aftermarket or OEM+.

Looking forward to getting a bit more involved again as I start the mods. :thumbs up:

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan and Terminator x
Debadged grille and black Audi rings.

IMG 8912

Reactions: NevMan and Terminator x
Welcome back. Love the car. Enjoy the forum :)

Reactions: NevMan