Shell V-Power now with 40% water!

Lehn

Reaction score
As some of you may have seen in the "What have you done to your 8V today?" thread I had some problems with my car yesterday and ended up getting Audi Mobility Service to pick it up.

I experienced something weird with the gearbox a couple of days ago (http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-gearbox-issue-bogs-down-during-acceleration.365195/) and thought the gearbox was game over now.

When I woke up this morning I thought "hey, I did refuel my car just before all this, better tell Audi about it when I get there".

I didn't even came to my mind that it could be the V Power that caused this so of course I tried starting the car a couple of times (which may have done some damage?).

I'm pretty furious and sad at the same time because the engine may have been damaged now. Luckily I only ran 1km before the engine stopped working because I filled 43,6l of this sh!t on the car.

Got this picture from the Audi technician with a small sample of what should have been some of the best fuel on the market:
Shell Vpower

Reactions: AudiNutta, RS4B5, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Terrible! I think you are going to have to go after Shell for this.....

Terrible! I think you are going to have to go after Shell for this.....

I'm in full swing! I have already contacted Shell Denmark twice because the bloke who should call me back apparently forgot about it. So let's see what he has to say when I get in touch with him and e-mail the picture. I know it will be a struggle but I got my receipt with date and time and "Shell V-Power gasoline" written all over it (Audi contacted the local Shell station where the lady at the counter asked several times if they were sure it wasn't diesel).

Reactions: paul wev
I'm in full swing! I have already contacted Shell Denmark twice because the bloke who should call me back apparently forgot about it. So let's see what he has to say when I get in touch with him and e-mail the picture. I know it will be a struggle but I got my receipt with date and time and "Shell V-Power gasoline" written all over it (Audi contacted the local Shell station where the lady at the counter asked several times if they were sure it wasn't diesel).

Hmmm I hope it’s not in v-power diesel too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a call from the technician at Audi, the local Shell Station has admitted it was their fault and there sure was water in their storage tank. I'm so freakin' relieved right now!

Reactions: THQuattro, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 5 others
Do you mind saying which Shell garage it was?
Just in case others experience any problems and are local to the garage...

Reactions: Ozmosis

So if it was diesel, it would be OK to be half water???

Reactions: AudiNutta and Dan Halen
Hmmm I hope it’s not in v-power diesel too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if it was diesel, it would be OK to be half water???

No no no you two, maybe I didn't explained myself clear here (I'm not a native english speaker). The lady at the counter questioned several times if it was diesel because then it would have been my mistake and not theirs because I would have filled the car with the wrong fuel.

Reactions: 4K, Audi Bairn and Ozmosis
Do you mind saying which Shell garage it was?
Just in case others experience any problems and are local to the garage...

Shell Risskov on Grenåvej, Denmark. So all you Brits can stop holding your breath now :boxing:

Last edited:
Reactions: AudiNutta, THQuattro, RS4B5 and 7 others
No no no you two, maybe I didn't explained myself clear here (I'm not a native english speaker). The lady at the counter questioned several times if it was diesel because then it would have been my mistake and not theirs because I would have filled the car with the wrong fuel.

You would have to try extra hard to put diesel in as the nozzle is fatter!

Good that the garage has admitted it and hope it gets sorted at the earliest opportunity...

Car is up and running again! Will pick it up later today :racer: The total costs ran up to nearly £1200.

Reactions: boydyski, Mark_86, 4K and 3 others
Wow. That’s expensive. Other than draining all the contaminated fuel what else did they have to do?

Wow. That’s expensive. Other than draining all the contaminated fuel what else did they have to do?

I'm not sure. I'll have to check the invoice once I get it (and forward it to Shell).

However, my car was not the only one at Audi that had to get cleaned for "V Power":whip:

Below is the invoice. Think it's quite chocking how much they charge to empty the fuel tank.

Amount - Description
4984,00 (£593) - Tank emptied through BR pump (Whatever that is?)
710,22 (£84) - GFS/Guided Function (What?)
124,60 (£14) - Battery charged
872,20 (£103) - Spark Plugs unmounted and mounted
259,45 (£30) - 32.4l of fuel
957,60 (£113) - Rental car
175,00 (£20) - Unspecified materials
200,00 (£23) - Environmental charges

Then you can put 25% VAT on top of that making it a whopping total of £1.232 :boxing:

2018 03 15 11 05 57

Last edited:
Wow, that's a lot of money....have Shell accepted to pay this invoice?

They have. Got an e-mail from them saying that they will cover all the costs directly related to this incident :salute:

Reactions: boydyski and oli356
Nearly £600 to empty the petrol tank! I am clearly in the wrong profession :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Pook, Lehn, Ozmosis and 1 other person
Glad you’re back up and running, and hope it’s an isolated incident...I’ve only ever ran V Power!

The car got picked up by Audi again today. Smelled gas and I found a fuel line to be leaky. Got a sh*tty Insignia diesel as courtesy car. FML!

Hmm. Sounds like a careless mechanic. Presumably they had to unclip some fuel lines to drain the bad fuel and did not re-secure them properly. After charging £1200 that's a bit ridiculous!

Jesus! So I guess the unspecified charge and environmental charge can be refunded if dripping fuel all over the place!

All that money and can't do it properly....

Jesus! So I guess the unspecified charge and environmental charge can be refunded if dripping fuel all over the place!

All that money and can't do it properly....

Exactly! It's like an extortion racket.

Along with £14 to charge battery

Yes which no doubt drained while they were undertaking the work that they did, which shouldn’t be charged as an extra in that case.

If Audi knew that they were billing Shell fair enough, take them for all you can but the customer... nope.

Yes which no doubt drained while they were undertaking the work that they did, which shouldn’t be charged as an extra in that case.

If Audi knew that they were billing Shell fair enough, take them for all you can but the customer... nope.

To their defence Audi Risskov have acted exemplary from first call. When they got the car they emptied the tank and asked me where I had tanked the car. I told them where and they actually drove up to the tank station with the sample and demanded the pump to be closed asap. So they knew from the start that Shell had to pay and not me.

Now with the broken fuel line I got a call from the technician asking if I was a beer-guy or a wine-guy. I had already ordered a touch up pen so I got that with out paying and possibly also some wine - lets see when I pick the car up tomorrow or Thursday.

Last edited:
Reactions: oli356
You sound to me like a 25 year old single malt sort of guy!

Reactions: SamR92 and josul
You guys made my day! Haha

I'm both a beer and a wine guy (as long as neither is watered down!) and I'm 27 years old, so close enough :boxing:
After I posted that I was thinking that I kinda hope that they give you something watered down as that would be very amusing from Audi - sorry!

Ah man I thought he was talking about the age of whisky, I wish I was only 25....

Certainly enjoy a dram now and again.

After I posted that I was thinking that I kinda hope that they give you something watered down as that would be very amusing from Audi - sorry!

Ah man I thought he was talking about the age of whisky, I wish I was only 25....

Certainly enjoy a dram now and again.

Lol I see now that I totally misunderstood what @Knacker meant! But I do also like a great single malt now and then :sign yum:

Got the car back today, again! I think they did it right this time. Got 2 bottles of wine and a touch-up paint set so I'm happy :racer:

(My car to the right, unfortunately)
IMG 1373

Last edited:
Reactions: josul, Pook, Tom.H and 1 other person