New s3 order, grey leather pics and feedback ?

winrya

Reaction score
After always swerving past the s3 I’ve finally persuaded the wife to swap her mk3 tt s tronic Quattro for an s3 Sportback. The car we went to buy when we were trading in her mk2 tt amplified black edition but the glitz of the showroom and the virtual cockpit got us into another tt.

Test drove a black edition in ara blue on Saturday and it just felt right. I could see some of the negatives often discussed on the forum (it doesn’t handle or steer like the tt or sound quite as good) but being a hot hatch lover all my life it just filled me with that excitement I haven’t had since my edition 30 gti of almost 10 years ago.

I’ve been stung with the tt as it’s £5k of options are worthless at trade in so I’m keeping it completely standard bar Nano grey metallic paint. Wife prefers the chrome and silver mirrors of the non black edition, I prefer the wheels of that standard s3 and I’ve never listened to anything but radio x on her tt b&o so I’m sure it’s a better fit.

I however noticed an s5 in the showroom with stunning grey leather seats which I believe is the same napa leather colour (not the same seats) available as a no cost option on the s3 so likely I’ll select that to go with the nano grey paint. Can’t seem to find many pics on autotrader. Anyone have any feedback or pics of the grey leather

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Love my grey leather but does need regular cleaning as it shows the dirt and tends to go a bit shiny.
Black headlining, black dash, privacy glass all make the interior a bit dark imho. Grey seats and door cards make a nice contrast, others I'm sure will disagree.

Love my grey leather but does need regular cleaning as it shows the dirt and tends to go a bit shiny.
Black headlining, black dash, privacy glass all make the interior a bit dark imho. Grey seats and door cards make a nice contrast, others I'm sure will disagree.

I really like the grey seats, what do you use to clean the seats & keep them that nice matte finish?

I was in the same boat, and ended up ordering the black. I couldn't find a single example of the grey interior online, and the one on the Audi website is completely useless

I've tried glipsons but found it hard work. I now microwave a damp microfibre towel until it's really hot then wipe over the seat and steering wheel. About once a fortnight. Surprising how much grime transfers to the cloth

Reactions: JM 772 and Tom.H
I also struggled to find some decent grey interior photos but took the gamble and ordered it anyway, very pleased with it really brightens up interior.

Attachments

• 1E68E4F3-0D7F-4BC7-9EE7-0E8537E2A92A.jpeg
    1E68E4F3-0D7F-4BC7-9EE7-0E8537E2A92A.jpeg
    490.1 KB · Views: 253
  • A7B0BB0D-C27D-4F2E-9E3F-BD39AE93DB87.jpeg
    A7B0BB0D-C27D-4F2E-9E3F-BD39AE93DB87.jpeg
    421.7 KB · Views: 366
Options are funny. As when you come to trade-in, your dealer with suck air through his front teeth and insist that the options make no difference to trade-in price. Absolute rubbish.

If you order your next car standard with no options, come trade-in, you'll get the same sucking of air through teeth, while being told he'll struggle to sell on because it doesn't have Options X, Y, & Z which everyone wants, so can't offer you a great price.

Always order a car to suit your needs and requirements. If you want options X, Y, & Z, get them. Trading in any car will always get you a rubbish price, unless you're dealing with a decent garage. Some dealers advise what's best to order in-order to get maximum trade-in price later down the line, as they know what people want in a second hand car, so they can ask for decent money on their forecourt, and some of that can be passed onto you as trade-in on another car, as they `want` your well specced car.

And if you don't get the trade-in deal you want, sell privately. People expect options on decent cars. A desirable option on the S3 is the SS seats, B&O etc. so if car A has them, and car B doesn't, Car A can command more money, and will no doubt sell faster as it's more desirable.

The Rotor grey leather ain't my cup of tea but there's nowt wrong with it,it's better looking than standard black though

Cheers for the feedback and pics guys, just what I needed and confirms the colour is what I love.

Ref options, the s3 ticks my musts as standard. Cruise, led headlights, Quattro, CarPlay, beam, parking sensors. It’s really good tbh, when looking at ordering pfl I did need to tick a fair few boxes. Wouldn’t mind virtual cockpit having had it in the tt and our tig r line, but having a screen on the dash makes it less useful to the point £1400 is too much. I’m going to email some more dealers but currently Audi are offering £1500 less that wbac which didn’t even ask for options