Facelift S3 First Service

Joking aside - this seems to be fairly standard pricing for oil change and service but agree that it is ludicrous!

Is yours an oil change only? What miles?

You know they are taking the p^*# when after one complaint they drop it to £275!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joking aside - this seems to be fairly standard pricing for oil change and service but agree that it is ludicrous!

You know they are taking the p^*# when after one complaint they drop it to £275!

Mileage I have just hit 12,000
Here, see for yourself.

Click me to see the goodies boy !!!

And what else would you expect on it's first service?

That’s a really good price- will consider going there as it’s not that far considering the price difference!

That’s a really good price- will consider going there as it’s not that far considering the price difference!

I am very lucky, it is only 2 minutes walk from my house haha.
If you end up going give me a shout and we can catch up for a chat whilst you wait :)

Can I ask too, you have the B&O system on your S3 as do I.
Do you have the subwoofer setting on your sound settings? I don't so have just booked it into Audi Manchester for an update.

Can I ask too, you have the B&O system on your S3 as do I.
Do you have the subwoofer setting on your sound settings? I don't so have just booked it into Audi Manchester for an update.

No I don’t have the subwoofer setting(I was quite active in that thread until I gave up hope!)

I was going to get it done at the same time with Wakefield Audi, but as VAG Bolton have just quoted me £160 for the same work I may be heading your way after all!

They’ve emailed me a quote so will see if Audi price match... watch this space!

Ps - more than happy for a catch up if I come across.

Reactions: LeeDaviesS3
Audi won’t come anywhere near - basically told me to crack on and go elsewhere!!

My car is due it’s 1st inspection and oil change within the next 2k miles which won’t take long at all.

I’ve been quoted £395 inc VAT which seems in line with most group prices on here.

Has anybody else had quotes for the same work recently? Deatails below;

Jobs List

Inspection & Oil Change Service MY 2015 Onwards Standard £367.44 1.50 £367.44
X
TOP UP OIL £18.00 0.00 £18.00
X
ENVIRONMENTAL CHARGE £10.20 0.00 £10.20
X
Labour Hours: 1.50
Nett Price: £329.70
VAT: £65.94
Gross Price: £395.64

My car is not an s3 but job pretty much the same.

Edinburgh Audi quoted £275 but did the work for £140 as they price matched a quote I got by email.

Please don't pay £400 as this gives dealers the belief that it is OK to continue to rip people off.

My car is not an s3 but job pretty much the same.

Edinburgh Audi quoted £275 but did the work for £140 as they price matched a quote I got by email.

Please don't pay £400 as this gives dealers the belief that it is OK to continue to rip people off.
Thanks for the above, who provided you with the updated quote?

I really don’t want to pay £400 but having called Cheltenham, Bristol, Tetbury and Swindon Audi they are all coming in at the same price so far.

Wakefield Audi(Sytner Group) quoted me £400 but dropped to £275... worth sticking at them.

I could have travelled further afield and got cheaper, but after fuel and time taken it didn’t seem worth it. Mainly because I’m (hopefully) having the MMI updated at the same time so would have to have gone anyway!

Wakefield Audi(Sytner Group) quoted me £400 but dropped to £275... worth sticking at them.

I could have travelled further afield and got cheaper, but after fuel and time taken it didn’t seem worth it. Mainly because I’m (hopefully) having the MMI updated at the same time so would have to have gone anyway!

Hereford have come back to me with a quote of £311 all in, I live in Cheltenham but might just go with Hereford unless they match it, whilst the fuel will write off some of the saving I really don’t want to give Cheltenham Audi any money, their customer service is very poor.

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
Frankly I dislike dealers that come back with reduced servicing pricing from original quote...you get one kick at the cat IMO. That is one reason I went with an Audi 4 year service plan at any Audi dealer of my choice...$450 quid all in for 4 recommended yearly services on an S3 including the Haldex service, brake flush etc.

Reactions: TYb
Frankly I dislike dealers that come back with reduced servicing pricing from original quote...you get one kick at the cat IMO. That is one reason I went with an Audi 4 year service plan at any Audi dealer of my choice...$450 quid all in for 4 recommended yearly services on an S3 including the Haldex service, brake flush etc.

Agreed, I enquired re service packages when ordered the car but was advised that the dealership wasn’t offering serving packages for the S3.

Sent an email off today to the service manager at my local dealer to see if they can price match another local garages quote of £125 for oil change and minor service / inspection, as my S3 will be a year old in a few weeks. Also asked about the possibility of loaning a TTS / RS3 as a courtesy car as I’m looking at the possibility of changing into one of them next. I’ll see what they come back with tomorrow :tearsofjoy:

Sent an email off today to the service manager at my local dealer to see if they can price match another local garages quote of £125 for oil change and minor service / inspection, as my S3 will be a year old in a few weeks. Also asked about the possibility of loaning a TTS / RS3 as a courtesy car as I’m looking at the possibility of changing into one of them next. I’ll see what they come back with tomorrow :tearsofjoy:

Keep us posted, which area are you in?

Get conflicting info that I need the pollen filter as well, Hereford quote includes this at £311 but one from Worcester which is higher doesn’t.

Get conflicting info that I need the pollen filter as well, Hereford quote includes this at £311 but one from Worcester which is higher doesn’t.

Think cabin/pollen filter is at 2 years so depends and is not needed for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: TYb
I’m fancying RS3 next so might see if they have one available

Reactions: Bells

Lincolnshire so JCT600 group, they’ve price matched before when I had my old A3 but that was over a year ago so might be different this time around, I’ll save the dealer some money anyway because I won’t want them washing my car as part of the service :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: SILVAF0XX and TYb
You might want to sit down for this one.
My S3 has done 11k and is 13 months old and the oil change due message came up last week.

Called Audi Southend and was quoted £500 !!! for an oil change and first service.
I pointed out that the car was only flagging for an oil change and that the first service was showing as due in 250 days.
Ok then £300 for the just the oil change, came the reply.

Called up QS Tuning who quoted £200 for the oil change, so I thought cool a saving of £100
Took it to them yesterday for the oil change and it turned out be inspection/ first service including updating Audi's records.

I don't understand. It doesn't require a full service after 11k miles or 13 months.

I think this variable servicing is causing all sorts of confusion to be honest.

So quick update on this Audi got back to me today and confirmed they’d price match the quote I’d got of £125 for a oil change and interim service!

Unfortunately it looks like I won’t be getting an RS3 / TTS to test drive even though they have several available for sale (used) as the sales department said they don’t loan cars out for longer than 30 minutes or unaccompanied now, which is different to when I ordered my S3.

They were still interested in selling me a new car of course, so I said they could forget it if they wanted me to make a 40k decision on the basis of a 30 minute drive :tearsofjoy: So I’ve saved money on my service and changing my car haha

Reactions: KenL, SILVAF0XX, TYb and 1 other person
So quick update on this Audi got back to me today and confirmed they’d price match the quote I’d got of £125 for a oil change and interim service!

Unfortunately it looks like I won’t be getting an RS3 / TTS to test drive even though they have several available for sale (used) as the sales department said they don’t loan cars out for longer than 30 minutes or unaccompanied now, which is different to when I ordered my S3.

They were still interested in selling me a new car of course, so I said they could forget it if they wanted me to make a 40k decision on the basis of a 30 minute drive :tearsofjoy: So I’ve saved money on my service and changing my car haha
Lowest I’ve got to is £308, Cheltenham Audi will only price match main dealers within a 20 mile radius!!

Lowest I’ve got to is £308, Cheltenham Audi will only price match main dealers within a 20 mile radius!!
No smaller independent garages within 20 miles? That’s all I did it wasn’t another Audi garage quote. What’s £307 for major service?

No smaller independent garages within 20 miles? That’s all I did it wasn’t another Audi garage quote. What’s £307 for major service?
Nope 1st inspection and oil change. Cheltenham won’t match indi’s apparently.

If that's the case don't give them your business.

If that's the case don't give them your business.
I really don’t want to, Cheltenham/Hereford are the lowest quotes I’ve had so far. The car is on pcp, I know i could use an indi but I’d much prefer it going to a main dealership.

Pcp agreements can't force you to get the car serviced by Audi?

I have never been asked where a car has been serviced when I have traded it in.

That’s expensive... the price match for servicing is on the Audi website and seeing how all garages are ‘franchises’ I don’t see how they can refuse if you’ve done what it states in the T&C’s. Maybe one to query with Audi UK I’d certainly not be willing to pay an extra £100+

Pcp agreements can't force you to get the car serviced by Audi?

I have never been asked where a car has been serviced when I have traded it in.
As I understand it, no they can’t penalise you for servicing elsewhere as long as genuine parts are used. Only thing some Indy garages may struggle to do is update the online service history record

Reactions: SILVAF0XX