I think I’ve got a lemon

1oldaudi

Reaction score
The car is a week old:
I’ve got large stone chip in the middle of the bonnet. Nothing to do with anyone but annoying
I’ve got a thing that clunks at the back left of the car in the Avant boot. I’ve had everything out to ensure it’s all put back correctly. Even the smallest bump in the road makes it clunk
I’ve got a rattling middle speaker and front left grill that vibrates even in the lowest bass and volume
The passenger seat lumber support motor has broken.
To top it all off the front right tyre pressure monitor won’t go off. Even after checking pressure and then storing them in the MMI. Pressure suggests 35 on the door yet front left was 52 and front right is 42.... so assuming it was also 52 it’s definitely on its way down. are they over inflated from Audi!? Could someone check there’s on the 19inch rotors please?
Taken the shine off somewhat this week

The car is a week old:
I’ve got large stone chip in the middle of the bonnet. Nothing to do with anyone but annoying
I’ve got a thing that clunks at the back left of the car in the Avant boot. I’ve had everything out to ensure it’s all put back correctly. Even the smallest bump in the road makes it clunk
I’ve got a rattling middle speaker and front left grill that vibrates even in the lowest bass and volume
The passenger seat lumber support motor has broken.
To top it all off the front right tyre pressure monitor won’t go off. Even after checking pressure and then storing them in the MMI. Pressure suggests 35 on the door yet front left was 52 and front right is 42.... so assuming it was also 52 it’s definitely on its way down. are they over inflated from Audi!? Could someone check there’s on the 19inch rotors please?
Taken the shine off somewhat this week

I think there was something a while back with a car that had the same noise coming from the rear suspension but I can’t remember the exact issue. I’m pretty sure a trip to Audi sorted it, and that’s what I’d advise you to do since it’ll still be under warranty?

As for the tyre pressures, 52 is extremely high I’d say. The sticker on the edge of your driver door will tell you the pressures but I think it’s actually high 30’s from memory...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52psi ? what the ****** hell... that's dangerous, i'd be going straight to the Audi dealer that did your cars PDI, not to mention the rest of your issues ! though I hear that the vibrating speaker grills is quite common. Audi can pop them off and apply some insulation material to stop that.

I’m seriously hoping the pressure machine was wrong. I’m going to take it to another one tomorrow. Visually the tyres looks the same as in the tread and edge of the tyre look the same distance away from the floor!!

Are you manually checking the pressures? I can’t seem to find anywhere to view them? Read up and it suggests the A4 doesn’t come with TPM?

If the tyre pressures are nearly 20psi higher than they should be I am not surprised something is rattling inside. It would be teeth...

Reactions: firebits, Paul Golding, Nickfrog and 2 others
Right tried another machine. Front left is defo 52 psi. I’ve let some air out. Can other check there’s!?

I’m manually checking them. The monitor alarm came on so stopped to check them. I set the machine to 35 and started to inflate the tyre that I was being warned about... it was in its 40s!! The front left was 52 and the drivers door has the pressure guide

Last edited:
Mate that sucks. Must put a real downer on the whole new car experience. Like others have said get yourself back to your dealer ASAP and give them a chance to rectify the issues. Hopefully in a week or so everything will be fixed and all will be forgotten. Stone chips can be fixed relatively cheaply too.

Last edited:
Frustrating as Audi set expectations quite high. I agree it will be sorted though. Oh and get yourself a £10 gauge and a £20 compressor. The garage's machines are not very precise.

Well the good news is that the Pressure monitor alarm has turned itself off this morning. It did stay on after I stored the new pressure in the MMI but appears to have sorted itself out after I parked up for 10 hours and then started her up again his morning. a good old fashioned reboot. However, I now know i'm running odd pressure across the front so need to sort this ASAP. I will take your advice and get one of these gauges and compressor to do at home. The rest will be looked at when I take it for the first oil service and Ill get the chip looked at once Im happy I find a good company. Cheers all

Reactions: cuke2u
The correct pressures are shown on a label on the side of the drivers door, they are actually different depending on whether you carry 2 passengers or 4....... but as others have said 52 is way too high!!