Help with buying tyres

8obMor

Reaction score
Looking for a tyre to replace one on my s3, I am looking at camskill as I have always used them, but have got a bit confused, I am looking for sportcontact 5's but lists two, one with A0 marking and one with A01 marking, currently all the tyres on my car are marked A0, but the a01 tyre is cheaper, is there any diffrence?

Sorry should have been more specific. Is the continental sport AO and AO1 the same tyre. If anyone knows ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I suggest, Michelin PS4S tyres in lieu of the Conti's you are considering. Imo, a superior tyre all round.

Reactions: DeeGee68
Can I suggest, Michelin PS4S tyres in lieu of the Conti's you are considering. Imo, a superior tyre all round.

Thanks mate. At the moment one has a slow puncture and the other three are almost new. PS4S next time around

I may be wrong but I don’t think it should make a difference as long as the other markings (speed rating etc) are the same. Would go with the cheaper one. AO probably comes out of the factory on a new car perhaps.

Reactions: 8obMor
I may be wrong but I don’t think it should make a difference as long as the other markings (speed rating etc) are the same. Would go with the cheaper one. AO probably comes out of the factory on a new car perhaps.

Perfect. I thought as much but thought I would ask the question. I have emailed camskill to ask if there is a difference, and if not why the price difference, to be fair it’s a difference of £13 but just curious

Thanks mate. At the moment one has a slow puncture and the other three are almost new. PS4S next time around

Ah sorry, should have read the thread better. My bad.

Perfect. I thought as much but thought I would ask the question. I have emailed camskill to ask if there is a difference, and if not why the price difference, to be fair it’s a difference of £13 but just curious

Dont forget, your local Audi dealer will price match tyres. I found Halfrauds can sometimes be cheaper aswell, so worth shopping around. Black Circles came up trumps for me last time :)

Dont forget, your local Audi dealer will price match tyres. I found Halfrauds can sometimes be cheaper aswell, so worth shopping around. Black Circles came up trumps for me last time :)

Didn’t know Audi price marked on tyres.

Have looked at all the usual places for tyres and always find camskill to be one of the cheapest, and there customer service is always spot on.

Did look at 365alltyres, they were by far the cheapest but the customer reviews are shocking so will stay clear of them, cheap for a reason I suspect.

New tyres fitted today, big chunky rim protectors. Pirelli p zero r02s.

Normally I buy Goodyear asymmetric but fancied a change.

Attachments

• 83377EEC-B97B-42D8-B506-20CB5143C175.jpeg
    83377EEC-B97B-42D8-B506-20CB5143C175.jpeg
    726.2 KB · Views: 339
  • 1A7ADB26-1167-4341-AE49-6CC402B990E6.jpeg
    1A7ADB26-1167-4341-AE49-6CC402B990E6.jpeg
    867.9 KB · Views: 362
New tyres fitted today, big chunky rim protectors. Pirelli p zero r02s.

Normally I buy Goodyear asymmetric but fancied a change.
How are you finding them? i had the Goodyear Asymmetric on my Scirocco and really liked them. Was thinking of switching to them after the factory pirelli's wore out.
Better or worse than the Goodyear Asymmetric?

Just ordered 4 f1's for the wife tt, 19" 245/35 for £600 fitted from tyres on the drive which was cheapest I could find by some margin. They have a 10% off code on goodyears at the moment. Might help someone out GYDU4TYRE

Found someone local to me who was selling a conti sport 5 for £50. Brand new. That will do me just now till all four need changing again

Only thing I like about the Pirelli is the edge protector mine came standard with them and cant wait to change them but could be a while till there worn enough