Service due indicator (spanner symbol) reset.

DOBBO41

A3 1.6 TDI Sport 8P 2010
Reaction score
I recently purchased another A3 ,the last service was carried out by an independent but the service indicator was not reset, the garage is 400 miles from me! I have tried the button procedure but asi understand it I can not reset service with this method, I’m located in Crawley/Gatwick area if any one is able to recommend or carry out the reset, apologies if this is in the incorrect section.

You can rest Service indicator with VAG cable. I have one, but I am too far away from you. Which year is your A3? There might be an option to reset it manually.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I can reset this as I have Full Vcds. I'm 10 mins from a23 a27 junction near Brighton. Start a private conversation with me for contact details

You can rest Service indicator with VAG cable. I have one, but I am too far away from you. Which year is your A3? There might be an option to reset it manually.

It a 2010 model, another member has replied and not to far from me who can do it, thanks for the reply.

Glad that you found someone close to you! By the way having the VAG cable is very very useful and comes in handy in lot of situations.

I used to pay 15-20 quid for reading the fault codes. Now I can do it for free. If original Ross Tech cable is a bit too expensive for you then you can always buy cheaper alternative - OBDEleven for Android.

Good luck!

Glad that you found someone close to you! By the way having the VAG cable is very very useful and comes in handy in lot of situations.

I used to pay 15-20 quid for reading the fault codes. Now I can do it for free. If original Ross Tech cable is a bit too expensive for you then you can always buy cheaper alternative - OBDEleven for Android.

Good luck!

Ok thanks I will look into getting the cable.:thumbs up:

Ok thanks I will look into getting the cable.:thumbs up:
Pop it along to an indy garage and i am sure for £20 he would reset for you as long as you know what you want in the drop down menu