Facelift Assign Apple CarPlay to MMI Media Console Toggle Switch

ThatBlueS3

Reaction score
Thinking this probably can't be done, but figured I'd throw it out there. Is there any way to code the Media Toggle Switch on the center console to trigger CarPlay? It's pretty annoying to have to hit the Menu button then scroll with the wheel to CarPlay if you leave the CarPlay menu.

I have access to OBDEleven.

Thinking this probably can't be done, but figured I'd throw it out there. Is there any way to code the Media Toggle Switch on the center console to trigger CarPlay? It's pretty annoying to have to hit the Menu button then scroll with the wheel to CarPlay if you leave the CarPlay menu.

I have access to OBDEleven.
Unfortunately not.

Do you not get the option to switch to car play, when you hit the telephone toggle on the centre console? That’s the quickest way I’ve found, rather than scrolling.

Do you not get the option to switch to car play, when you hit the telephone toggle on the centre console? That’s the quickest way I’ve found, rather than scrolling.

I use this but find it annoying. Why would I want to use the telephone when I have CarPlay, it should just use CarPlay by default when you hit telephone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doesn't seem to work on mine. I hit it and it tells me that I can't use the phone function of the MMI because CarPlay is active, but it doesn't show CarPlay. Seems like the only way that I can access it is by hitting menu and scrolling through the menu.

Don't use car play myself but is it possible to set the * button on the steering wheel to do this? If not is there anyway to customise that option list?