A3 Pioneer urgent help!

sam pennington

Reaction score
Purchased a SPH DA120 and got the wiring looms from connects 2.
I am having problems installing it.

Do I need to cut wires according to which brand of head unit I am installing?

Coming of the arial adapter there is a blue wire with a small connector on it I am unsure where this goes.

I have green, pink and purple/white wires that are un labelled.
IMG 1468 IMG 1467 IMG 1469 IMG 1470 IMG 1471 IMG 1472
I have a blue wire Labelled AMP-ON and have plugged that into one labelled Remote output. however I have a small wire labelled System remote control which doesn't have any connector on the end do I need to modify this?

I am unsure on where the 3.5mm jack goes which comes of the connects 2 box.

This seems to be a very confusing install if anyone could help please let me know.

I have posted picture to describe it as best as possible.
Any help will be amazing loosing my head over this install

Hi Sam,

You shouldnt have to cut any wires. Did the kit come with the adapter for the ariel conversion? The multi coloured cables are usually for connecting the unit to things like the reverse sensors and that.

I would do some basics, have you managed to get the unit to power on yet? I have an idea what might be the cause if not, let me know what the current state is.

James

Hi Sam,

You shouldnt have to cut any wires. Did the kit come with the adapter for the ariel conversion? The multi coloured cables are usually for connecting the unit to things like the reverse sensors and that.

I would do some basics, have you managed to get the unit to power on yet? I have an idea what might be the cause if not, let me know what the current state is.

James

James thanks again for your reply I think iv cracked it my only problem now is I have a hissing or woooshh noise coming from the Bose speaker said I have searched this and seen Halfords do a lead which is supposed to sort this out. Do you have any knowledge on this?

Hi mate,

My S3 is the none Bose model (sadly!!) so it’s not something I have come across. I would imagine their are some threads online about it and I am sure it can be solved, sounds like the other wiring is causing some electro interfereance on the antena at the back of the unit, sounds like you need to possibly try isolate this? Let me know how you get on, might be useful for some other folks on here.