Urgent help needed

Soberhans

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope somebody might be able to advise me on a potential major issue with my 2.0 TFSI (60 plate).

So suddenly on Monday my car wouldn't start. After a second attempt and with a little throttle it started. Upon driving, it had a severe loss of power coupled with a very rough noise when accelerating. When pulling away it needed a lot of revs to not cut out. Any inclines it required over 2.5k revs to make it. All of this with the EML on but not flashing.

I've since taken it to my local indie and the diagnostics brought up P001600 (camshaft timing) and P0324 (cam timing sensor 1) as well as p218800 (fuel system bank 1) and one for intake system leak. Initially the indie thought it was just a cam sensor causing the issue, however they replaced it to no avail. They are now saying the next move is to change the timing chain kit at roughly £1300. This is with the caveat that there could already be extra damage to the engine anyway.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, what is the likelihood the engine is beyond repair?

Also, I have had a second opinion from another inside who has said it could be some valves have stuck? Which could potentially give the spurious camshaft code. Is this anything anyone has experienced?

Sorry for the frankly gigantic post! And thanks in advance for any advice.

Soberhans.

Last edited: