Remap

I'm not 100% sure but I think it means they have to remove the ECU to map it on a bench rather than using the ODB2 port to map it. And the place you went to only does maps through ODB2.

Reactions: leonwilliams
Ask around with other tuners as A3 8P cars should be able to map through the OBD port

Reactions: leonwilliams
If they have the latest kit they can be mapped through the OBD port

I'm not 100% sure but I think it means they have to remove the ECU to map it on a bench rather than using the ODB2 port to map it. And the place you went to only does maps through ODB2.
Yeah he plugged it in and it came up protected.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AUDI need to know if it has been mapped etc. Cos warranty ends - no comeback even if it’s not engine/trans related.
If you aren’t doing track racing then go for Dtuk plug in doesn’t upset ecu counters and can be removed prior to Audi service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AUDI need to know if it has been mapped etc. Cos warranty ends - no comeback even if it’s not engine/trans related.
If you aren’t doing track racing then go for Dtuk plug in doesn’t upset ecu counters and can be removed prior to Audi service

I told Audi I was getting it mapped they said to make sure when it comes in for any work to tell them so they don't write over it

That’s fine a few people have been caught out and their maps have been over written (you may be lucky for the oe mapper to just charge for the time taken) but it would be a red flag on the VAG system if they found it

That’s fine a few people have been caught out and their maps have been over written (you may be lucky for the oe mapper to just charge for the time taken) but it would be a red flag on the VAG system if they found it

At least it's decent of them to acknowledge that it's ok and they wouldn't want to write over it by mistake.

I didn't buy my car from them . Map was given green light by my insurance who welcome people with mods done to there cars.

Would that mot make it more expensive

That’s fine a few people have been caught out and their maps have been over written (you may be lucky for the oe mapper to just charge for the time taken) but it would be a red flag on the VAG system if they found it.

It’s unlikely Audi would know there is a map on the car and they typically don’t scan for it. They could see if the ECU has been flashed (flash counter) but again they don’t typically check.

Applying a software update can overwrite the map but the should ask before making the update.

I had an Audi Warranty and they never called out the map but they ended up voiding the warranty as I have an after market exhaust system.

@leonwilliams - any particular reason you go to Audi and not an Indy?

It’s unlikely Audi would know there is a map on the car and they typically don’t scan for it. They could see if the ECU has been flashed (flash counter) but again they don’t typically check.

Applying a software update can overwrite the map but the should ask before making the update.

I had an Audi Warranty and they never called out the map but they ended up voiding the warranty as I have an after market exhaust system.

@leonwilliams - any particular reason you go to Audi and not an Indy?
I went to Audi for the update which was fine. And my cam belt and pump. Also brake fluid refresh. Every thing else I've got a perfect Indy garage for anything else.

Reactions: samuelh_888
It should have said not make it more expensive. Predictive tex a pain

Ahhh tell me about it its the bain of modern life lol
No still no more monies for an MOT :salute: