What oil?

scib4

Beep-Beep!
Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked many times before, but before i get the standard Audi-sport.net reply, please read the rest!

At the moment my car is on long life service intervals but i plan on dropping the oil every 5k as it is going in to be chipped tomorrow at Star.
Also my car has 128k but with a FASH

Does this make a difference? What oil should i be using then?

Cheers Mike :icon_thumright:

Edit: I also intend doing a few track days this year

You are in the same situation as me, but with a few more miles. I use fully synthetic such as Synta Gold or Halfords Own brand. Both are the same oil, made by Castrol. The former is around £25 for 5 litres at GSF; the latter is about £33 for 5 litres, but is often on 'buy one get one free'.

Also consider 5w30, This is the oil I've seen most recommended for a performance turbo charged engine and suprisingly it is also the recommended oil for the car by Castrol !

Thats why I use Castrol RS 5W30 :icon_thumright:

my car has a sticker saying the recomended oil is 0-30?
please, someone clear this up? whats the recomended oil?

i used mobil 1 for the 1st oil changeand my car used a little then switched to millers xfs iirc and now it uses less.

oil is dependant on the mileage of your vehicle, more miles - the thicker oil i'm gonna use fully sythetic 10w-40 halfords as it always on a bogof offer! flush once and use the other bottle to fill!