Td04 turbo will it fit???

Andy avant b5

Reaction score
Hi on eBay there is a td04 turbo for sale the seller says it's come of a passat 1.8t will it fit on my a4 b5 1.8t cheers

No, TD04 is from a Subaru... and now fitted to my Starlet GT Turbo :playful:

Will require a manifold if not more.

OK I did think that the seller is chatting bull lol cheers mate

Reactions: DieselJake
Everything will fit with modification just depends what level but isn't a oem fit. If it bcame off a b5 ask if he has the manifold??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

On my mk4 I'm running an IHI vf34 BB turbo, was able to mount it on the OEM(heavily ported) manifold with a couple of adjustments. What was really needed to alter was the downpipe(as the VF has a 5-bolt pattern DP)..
Everything is doable like Browett mentioned, but some aer easier than others.
I believe I saw an adapter for these turbos a few years back, so that would enable it to mount it directly onto the OEM manifold.
But the OEM manifold needs to be ported to get the most benefit out of the turbo as the OEM runners and transition limits exhaust flow and causes too much back-pressure..

Reactions: DieselJake and Browett1982
On my mk4 I'm running an IHI vf34 BB turbo, was able to mount it on the OEM(heavily ported) manifold with a couple of adjustments. What was really needed to alter was the downpipe(as the VF has a 5-bolt pattern DP)..
Everything is doable like Browett mentioned, but some aer easier than others.
I believe I saw an adapter for these turbos a few years back, so that would enable it to mount it directly onto the OEM manifold.
But the OEM manifold needs to be ported to get the most benefit out of the turbo as the OEM runners and transition limits exhaust flow and causes too much back-pressure..

Don't suppose you have any pictures of before/after porting, want to get mine done just don't have allot of reference and no clue where to take it at the minute.

Sorry.. but if you google, you'll find other photos of ported OEM manifolds