Racingline R600 Installed

Nelz-S3

Reaction score
Having purchased an R600 kit from another member of this forum, I took a trip to @haywoon 's where it is not uncommon to find him in a BMW boiler suite modding vehicles.

The full R600 kit that we installed includes: Air Intake, Air filter, Silicone hose, Turbo Muffler delete and Turbo Inlet valve.

The tricky parts with installing this kit:
- Getting at the bottom screw of the Turbo Muffler Delete. Hard to get purchase to make sure it don't drop.
- The Racingline Turbo inlet valve gaskets do not sit in the holes very well and kept coming out. Broken one lucky has spares!
- The Air intake isn't easy to put in, very fiddly and does not line up to the torx holes on both sides, only one side is fitted to the car as you will see in the pics. (The far left hand side).

It took @haywoon around 1 hour 30 mins to remove and install, but that was taking it easy and using videos just to reassure us what we was taking apart was the right thing to do. Once you've done it once you'll breeze it replacing or doing another.

Pics below of removing parts and then R600 fully installed.

Engine 1

Removal of OEM Air Intake and filter box

Engine 2

Removal of Hose, Inlet Valve and Turbo Muffler Delete.

TMD

As you can see, the screw at the bottom was difficult to get to when the Turbo Muffler was on the turbo.

TIV

Turbo inlet valve easy to get off but hard to get back on!!

R600

R600 Fully Installed.

Overall really happy with the product, you can really hear the filter 'sucking' in the air, you can hear the turbo spool better and 'I think' without any maps it has made the Turbo spool quicker, but might just be in my head!!

The other thing I noticed is my engine temp has gone up by 5 degrees. It normally sits at around 102 when warm, but now about 107/108. Still a healthy temp but that has changed.

Overall would highly recommend, sounds great, relatively easy to install and now would be confident to go stage 1.. soon!

Next mods:
Spacers, Racingline Springs 20mm and Milltek.

Cheers again @haywoon for the help!

Reactions: Leevr, haywoon and Shaun-84
Seriously nice bit of kit there. Currently, toying the idea of having just the R600 air intake installed, followed by a JB1 and Pedal box. I've already got the BCS Res Delete (again, another great mod) fitted – do you think having the full R600 kit will complement the mods mentioned even better, or just having the R600 intake will do? Quite bit of a step up financially having the full the kit, something like £700 on Ebay, £360 just for the intake. Decisions, decisions, decisions...