Moving away from Audi....

Audi-Rog

Six Audi's & Counting!
Reaction score
A bit of an update, that you may not like. After 3 A4's and many Audis, it was time to move on to something different, so it was time to say goodbye to the SE :bye: I sold it to another Audi enthusiast who will look after it, so all good there!
The car that replaces it is a stunner though, an Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 JTDm TI :hubbahubba: its has 5 pots, 210 BHP and has 300ft Ibs of torque. Although it's a diesel, it sounds awesome under acceleration. it's no slouch and drives great. It's pretty rare too, which appeals to me.

You may agree, it is a beautiful looking car. I have always admired these and my Dad also has a 159 1.9 Lusso and after driving it, I had to have one. They say you're not a true petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa and as I am a true car enthusiast it was a no brainier. I may regret it but who cares!

I will still be around from time to time as I still love the forum. And you never know I may be back in an Audi again at some point.

But, it's ta ta for now

Cheers Rog

:icon thumright:

Reactions: Dani_B19, Sibmets and Sandra
Hey Rog, sorry to see you go. The Alfa is a nice car and I really hope you enjoy it. Good to hear you will drop in and see us. Hope you find a nice friendly Alfa forum and hope they nice as us. :)

Reactions: Audi-Rog
Sweet.... lovely motor and you can't deny the Alfa styling.......... and the right spec in the Ti....!!!

You're correct... one simply must own an Alfa at least once.... I myself drove an old 164 cloverleaf V6 3L.... loved it to bits even when the electrics packed in but it's safe to say they've moved on since then...

Enjoy....!!!!

Si.

Hey Rog, sorry to see you go. The Alfa is a nice car and I really hope you enjoy it. Good to hear you will drop in and see us. Hope you find a nice friendly Alfa forum and hope they nice as us. :)

They seem cool so far, not as busy as there's less of them I guess. I still come back and visit as I still know a lot more about Audis than I do Alfas :D

Reactions: Sandra
Sweet.... lovely motor and you can't deny the Alfa styling.......... and the right spec in the Ti....!!!

You're correct... one simply must own an Alfa at least once.... I myself drove an old 164 cloverleaf V6 3L.... loved it to bits even when the electrics packed in but it's safe to say they've moved on since then...

Enjoy....!!!!

Si.

Cheers mate :). Yeah I've never had an Alfa, so it was about time. I can't deny how cool I feel driving it, plus it goes as good as it looks :sunglasses:

Allways sad to see another chap change teams but as you say, you've have a good old run with audi's so a change wont hurt....
Been their myself with alfa's a long time ago, best way to describe living with one is probably, be prepared ......lol
Anway , good luck chap and don't be a stranger to the forum.

rob

I looked at Alfas once as they are meant to be petrolhead cars but couldn't get past some design issues but if you are happy then alls good Alpha Romeo-Rog :D

To be honest some are much better than others, newer models are most certainly way better but still suffer from some big issues, but then hey so do audi's...lol

I had a 1980 GTV , great car and went like stink , when it was going that is, and bodywork , well just don't go out in the wet or damp..lol

To be honest some are much better than others, newer models are most certainly way better but still suffer from some big issues, but then hey so do audi's...lol

Took the words right out of my mouth :D

And I had my fair share of issues with my Audi’s! This Alfa has already had £1000’s spent on it in the past and I mean £1000’s......so hopefully any issues have already been sorted :)

Reactions: Charlie Farley