A4 3.0tdi Quattro S Line cabriolet power?

Princy

Reaction score
Hi all

Sorry for such a basic question but I don't seem to be able to find a concrete answer, due to the cost involved and issues with a member ripping me off, I've decided to sell my 2.5tdi cab and have got my eye on a nice looking 3.0tdi cab.

I'm currently weighing up my options with regards to having the car remapped or fit a tuning box but with not having the car yet I'm not sure on the factory power output. I'm leaning towards the tuning box route but I've found figures varying from 201 up to 242 but before I order it I just wanted to make sure I order the right one (assuming the software will be different).

So, I'm inclined to think that a 2008 3.0tdi cab will be 230bhp/233ps/171kw/450nm/332lbft?

Can anyone confirm this for me please?

Many thanks

Carl

Remap rather than box all day every day, in terms of power it depends how well it's been looked after and which varient you go for, best thing to do with a new car and before mapping is swap the oil and filter (if not more maintenance items, doesn't matter what pieces of paper the seller gives you).

Reactions: Princy, LawrenceH and Alex Ward
Thanks for the quick reply Jake, to be honest, I was of the same opinion with regards mapping, I appreciate that a decent map from a reputable tuner should always get the best from any given engine.

The main attraction for me with the tuning box route was the fact it can be removed and fitted to my next vehicle (after reprogramming), or sold if not compatible, and that it has modes to select the different degrees of tuning variation. That and that I've yet to see any negative feedback on the particular brand of box I'm looking at when fitted to the 3.0tdi.

Am I right in thinking that all A4 3.0tdi Cabriolets are 233bhp, ASB engines with a BV50 turbo?