Brake pad warning light

Ben_Locker

Reaction score
I’ve just had new brakes fitted out front and back with discs and pads. After a week or so the brake pad warning light has started coming on. I’ve checked the pads, discs and callipers and all is good. Anyone got any ideas?? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve just had new brakes fitted out front and back with discs and pads. After a week or so the brake pad warning light has started coming on. I’ve checked the pads, discs and callipers and all is good. Anyone got any ideas?? Thanks in advance

Could be a broken wire or loose connection on the pad warning wiring

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Only one pad sensor on the car and it will be a front one. Take a wheel off and clean up the little loom plug pins or If the fitter is clumsy he would of broken one of the sensor wires.

Its the brake behind the passenger side front wheel.
Just a plug in wire, so unplug it and make sure it is clean and free of water.
When plugging it back in consider wrapping it in electrical tape or something that should deter bad weather.

Its the brake behind the passenger side front wheel.
Just a plug in wire, so unplug it and make sure it is clean and free of water.
When plugging it back in consider wrapping it in electrical tape or something that should deter bad weather.

Cheers Dave mate, great advice.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Cheers Dave mate, great advice.

No problem. I only had my brakes changed last weekend and we found the last person had wrapped the plug in electric tape, so it seemed like a good idea to do the same. Hopefully this will work for you.

Reactions: Ben_Locker