1.9tdi 115pd Starter motor question

pilla

Reaction score
Hi guys, back in a b5 tdi until i find an S4 - Kids left interior light on and battery went flat, so recharged battery for 24hrs while i changed the aux belt - Refitted battery and got a very slow crank for about 2 seconds and then nothing, repeated hits with the hammer brought one or two clicks, jump start did not work, bump started the car and it runs fine (with new aux belt) - Ran it for 30 mins, shut it off, went to restart - Nothing -

So i removed the starter motor, bench tested it, worked, but very very slowly, so stripped it down - There was literally no brushes left in it, just the springs and a lot of crap and horrible smell thats gave me a headache -

So im going to get brushes off ebay in the future and refurb this starter motor, but im having a slight bit of trouble locating a used started motor - The black body of my starter motor has NO part number whatsoever, but the alloy housing is stamped BOSCH -

Im unsure if there are any differences between pd and non-pd B5 diesels - If anyone can shed some light i would be greatful - Many thanks and look forward to having a lot of issues with the car :)

Edit - Just found the part number - 1005821523
After a google search im not sure this is for a diesel - If anybody can confirm?

Dead in here lately, Ordered one anyway, the one that was on it was off an 1800 petrol -

You're right about it being dead in here lately , im propably too late but which one did you end up buying ?

Here are some tips on finding the correct part number : 1. zap7 website , even tho its confusing really bmw has a better site where you choose the exact model , engine etc so it shows you only the parts that are suitable for your car , this zap7 only lets you choose a model and a year but not the engine so you'll find many options for one part but there's a good website that lets you choose the exact car you've got and if you choose a part it shows you the oe part number so you can then look for the part using that number or just get it from this site they got well priced parts and delivery isn't too bad i used them myself and got my parts in like 3 days.

https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/rotovis-automotive-electrics/10229921

Hi John, thanks for the reply, i ordered a starter off a non-pd engine, fits no problem, the one that was on it was off a petrol engine and was considerably smaller and lighter, so no wonder it gave up. All fine now for small sum of £20 - Cheers John.

Reactions: matt66604 and John417