S4 Ordered!

NLL

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm looking forward to joining the hallowed S4 ranks soon. Currently running a S3 Sportback but need something larger. Have ordered following spec:

S4 Avant
Navarra blue
All black interior
Virtual cockpit
Driver seat memory + dimming / folding mirrors
Matrix LED lights
Extended LED interior lights
Comfort and sound pack
Storage pack

Have added the order to the MyAudi system and have an anticipated build date. I'm assuming on it goes in for build that collection is likely within 4 weeks?

On a separate notes, my understanding is that lane assist and the traffic sign recognition can be enabled via VCDS / OBD coding - has anyone undertaken this with success?

Reactions: Riko0073 and cuke2u
You won’t regret the move from the S3.

I had an S3 Saloon before changing to the S4 Avant as needed the bigger boot but it’s an upgrade on so many levels.

Enjoy when you get it mate.

Hi NLL,

That's a great specification and my favourite colour choice. Putting it through the configurator (Audi code: ALK59PSY) looks like it has a total price as follows:

S4 Avant £45,965
Options £3640
Total Price £49,605
ROTR £51,120

Going with the standard Audi Finance Offer (4 years, 10,000 miles with excess mileage at 15.6p per mile) you are looking at:

Customer Deposit £12,679
47 monthly payments of £439
Optional Final Payment £20,024

Ref: https://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a4/...avant-retail-finance-offer-q2-april-2018.html

Would you be kind enough to share which dealer/broker/web site you used the level of discount you were able to get on this vehicle, and if you went for a PCP what terms you went for and the deal you actually got (hopefully better than that offer).

Doing some research and looking to join you and currently looking to assess what deals are achievable in the current market climate.

Cheers,

Warwick Boy

Reactions: Kakatk
I did the OBD coding for the lane assist. You need a part for the traffic signs recognition from kufatec.

Hi NLL,

That's a great specification and my favourite colour choice. Putting it through the configurator (Audi code: ALK59PSY) looks like it has a total price as follows:

S4 Avant £45,965
Options £3640
Total Price £49,605
ROTR £51,120

Going with the standard Audi Finance Offer (4 years, 10,000 miles with excess mileage at 15.6p per mile) you are looking at:

Customer Deposit £12,679
47 monthly payments of £439
Optional Final Payment £20,024

Ref: https://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a4/...avant-retail-finance-offer-q2-april-2018.html

Would you be kind enough to share which dealer/broker/web site you used the level of discount you were able to get on this vehicle, and if you went for a PCP what terms you went for and the deal you actually got (hopefully better than that offer).

Doing some research and looking to join you and currently looking to assess what deals are achievable in the current market climate.

Cheers,

Warwick Boy

I used Gordon at Coast2Coast (highly recommended) and for the spec detailed in the original post, plus the 4th year warranty, the total came to £45,556 (versus list of £51,505).

However, as I was taking the car on a PCP deal there was a further £2,000 discount (£1,500 from Audi, a further £500 from the dealer), taking the price to £43,556 (15.43% discount). I think if I had waited until towards the end of the current quarter, I might have managed slightly more.

Thank you for sharing NLL. This is most useful.

I've often wondered whether there is an optimum time to negotiate a deal, as it is perceived wisdom that sales people have targets on regular cycles (e.g. monthly or quarterly) and whether these cycles align nicely with actual month ends, and (calendar) quarter ends?

I've also wondered whether the dealerships would have sales/performance cycles over periods of time un-aligned to calendar months to try and avoid customers trying to secure deals actual month/quarter end.

I think it is definitely worth negotiating, and player dealers off against each other to get the best price. Dealers/brokers are still making a good commission/profit :)

Thank you for sharing NLL. This is most useful.

I've often wondered whether there is an optimum time to negotiate a deal, as it is perceived wisdom that sales people have targets on regular cycles (e.g. monthly or quarterly) and whether these cycles align nicely with actual month ends, and (calendar) quarter ends?

I've also wondered whether the dealerships would have sales/performance cycles over periods of time un-aligned to calendar months to try and avoid customers trying to secure deals actual month/quarter end.

I think it is definitely worth negotiating, and player dealers off against each other to get the best price. Dealers/brokers are still making a good commission/profit :)
Also sign up to Carwow. It’s a site where dealers bid for your business. You’ll save on OTRP. PS I don’t have any link to them. Definitely a few grand saving plus trade in.

I've just got the below through (for my Wife) from DriveTheDeal:

ROTR: £51,671
Discount: £8,433
DTD Offer Price: £43,238

Spec:

Navarra Blue
5-V spoke’ design alloy wheels in matt titanium
Interior: Piano Black finish
Black Styling Pack
Panoramic glass sunroof
Privacy glass side
Extended LED Interior Lighting Pack – multi-coloured
Folding Door mirrors
Audi Virtual Cockpit

Looking like 16 week lead time at the moment which is perfect as her Q5 is going back at start of Sept.

Reactions: WesT-gefül