Connect Key

Philio

Reaction score
Curious if anyone got this to work? Apparently my phone is incompatible, despite surely having the right hardware. It's a Google Pixel 2 XL.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have a Pixel 2 as well. The myAudi site allows me to try and register but it fails saying my phone is incompatible.

My car is second hand and I was wondering if it did actually have the Connect key option so I called Audi. They said I did not.

So the puzzle is, if they know I don't have the connect key option on the car, why have the option on the website?

Are you sure you have the connect key option?

Charles

I believe so. It seems to indicate that it's enabled both in MMI and myAudi app. Thought it might be occasionally useful as the mobile lock/unlock functionality in the myAudi app is painfully slow, but it certainly doesn't work with the car!

Reactions: DaveW
I have a Google Pixel and have installed the MyAudi app. I was advised by my dealer to also install the MMIConnect app but this doesn't seem to work on my phone. I keep getting errors along the lines of "the app has stopped unexpectedly". The latest review of the app on the Playstore mentions it works fine with Android P, but that is still in beta testing and I don't want to be part of that so will wait until it's properly released later this summer.

One thing I have noticed is the MyAudi app is currently telling me my car is unlocked and the bonnet is open. Fairly disconcerting as I'm at work in central London and the car is at home some 80 odd miles away, however I'm pretty sure I locked it this morning. Anyhow, tried locking it trough the app and got a successful message but I still have the two notifications under Vehicle status.

I'm not sold on these apps at the moment and hopefully my car will still be there when I get home tonight!

I don't see the point of all the apps. There is an Audi UK app, a MyAudi app and an MMI Connect app.
MMI Connect app used to handle WiFi music player but now it needs MyAudi to perform this function now.
I don't see why they can't put all the functions into a single app. Oh, and also stop it stopping random my and draining your phone battery would be good to.
Sorry for the rant, but as a developer, things like this get to me...

Reactions: WesT-gefül
I believe so. It seems to indicate that it's enabled both in MMI and myAudi app. Thought it might be occasionally useful as the mobile lock/unlock functionality in the myAudi app is painfully slow, but it certainly doesn't work with the car!

This exactly. It’s painfully slow. The app just isn’t up to snuff. Hopefully there will be a update. You’d think that having a Audi they would sort the gremlins out.

I'm not sure if Audi actually even have an in house team developing their mobile apps, possibly why they have such a fragmented and substandard mobile offering.

I do mobile app contract/consultancy and briefly worked for the agency that Audi UK use. I probably shouldn't say too much as might get in trouble, but I will say that it wasn't a positive experience.

I'm working for another car brand at the moment on their connected vehicle app, it's actually one of the better rated apps but there are still a lot of issues with it!

In general it seems to me that car companies seem to struggle to fully comprehend the mobile experience and realise consumer needs/wants in this area ahead of business requirements.

Reactions: DaveW and WesT-gefül
That’s exactly it. They seem to have issues with integration with mobile apps to link the car. When you think of the complex systems where there is no room for error on board the car for things such as timing and feeding all that info together with the safety systems. It’s always the case that these apps are more gimmicks. Notice the difference of apples CarPlay which is a good execution of marrying iOS in the car. Ease of function and familiar with iPhone users.

I'm still none the wiser!

Even though i have the "Audi connect key' option in the myAudi app on Android Pixel, i can't get the app past the "Allow access" page.

How can i tell if i actually have that option on my car?

My dealer suggested it was not working because i didn't have a paid up sim contract but I'm not convinced.

Has anyone made it work, and what did you do?

Charlie

If you have a sos module in your A4 you will be able to use connect key, if not, like myself, you will not...

I gave up on trying to get it to work fairly quickly. Haven't tried it pretty much since the original date of this post.

I read somewhere that it worked if you are on Vodafone with a nfc enabled sim card and vodafone wallet installed

I am on vodafone with a nfc sim. But on my current phone wallet isnt supported!

I doubt it has anything to do with the sim card provider as I understand it links to the keys via the sos module...

This is what i get when i run the test for compatibility

Screenshot 2018 07 23 21 20 30

Note the vodafone wallet which needs the nfc sim to work and a compatible phone, which i dont have for voda wallet

I got that and just turned on nfc to get it to pass. I still know it won't work though...

I've never got it to pass on my phone! NFC is always on.

If you are trying to open the doors by holding the phone near to the handles it won't work as there appears to be no sensors in the handles on tge A4. Can't see the point with keyless entry.
This conclusion has been reached before and presumably this is for a different model...

Last edited: