Steering angle sensor

Gavin thyvhhh

Reaction score
Hi guys I’m after some help
I recently changed my steering wheel and now the steering angle sensor light is on and traction control button doesn’t work
I understand I need to use vagcom to disable the light
Can someone tell me how please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whats the fault code?... you can't actually disable the light... you can disable ESP but I suspect thats not what is causing the issue...

You will need to do a steering angle calibration assuming you have the sensor in the right position...

<tuffty/>

whats the fault code?... you can't actually disable the light... you can disable ESP but I suspect thats not what is causing the issue...

You will need to do a steering angle calibration assuming you have the sensor in the right position...

<tuffty/>

Unfortunately I’m not with the car at the moment
But I assume I have to do a calibration as nothing else has changed
Do you have any links please?
Or is there any write ups on the recalibration process please?

Calibration is only normally required if you have moved the sensor in anyway or if the wheel isn't on straight...

Never had to recalibrate it myself so not 100% sure on the process... you should read the codes first to verify the problem regardless

Some links to get you started...
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/00778

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_(1J)_Brake_Electronics_(MK60)

<tuffty/>

Thank you tuffty exactly what I was after

I have a similar problem. Where ive changed my steering wheel and the guy said who ever fitted the wheel before didnt put it on right, the grooves where abit off or something along them lines. And now the wheel is bent and Everytime i go left or right the esp flashes as soon as i turn it off its ok. Any info on this ?