audi paint warranty?

tommac

Reaction score
how good are audi on the paint warranty? i have a 54 plate a3, and the laquar has started to peel off in places on the front bumper! Do you think they would sort this out?

Yes, they absolutely should!

I have the same thing. I had it inspected by Audi a while back and they said it would be done under warranty. Just haven't got around to booking it in yet.

What colour is it?

Mines a 55 plate in brilliant red.

Just had my 2001 done under warrany and I was very impressed with the service and the job. Just give them a call and arrange for their bodyshop to have a look at it.

Yes it seems the Misano Red is prone to this problem, but Audi were very helpful with mine and painted front and back bumpers under warranty, also mine had a slight diff in colour. It would appear that this is a fairly common fault.

im not sure which colour red mine is but is the bright red. Popped into audi yesterday they seem to thik it wont be coveredunder warrenty i pursuaded the chap to take some pictures and he will forward these to the bodywork manger. Most unimpressed with audi so far!

If you are unsuccessful tell them about this forum and the fact that many others have experienced this with their red A3s.....

I had the same problem on my front bumper, although I have a silver A3. The paint started to flake away around the front numberplate and in between the bumper strips. I took it to my Audi dealer and they had an inspector from Audi look at the paintwork and checked its thickness and decided it would be covered under the warranty. So would be worth pursuing it as you should be able to get it sorted.