• Scorpion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Powerflow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mike2114

Reaction score
Hey,

So I’m looking to get a new exhaust for my 09 2.0tfsi Quattro A4 as the current noise is just too quiet. I’ve been reading up on what’s out there but haven’t really found much on what’s recommended.

I’ve found that Jetex will do a half system (resonated as I don’t want boy racer loud) for around £430 which is reasonable. But is it worth increasing spend to £550 for a scorpion version? Or should I go to the likes of powerful or local custom exhaust builder?

Anyone found the perfect note for these engines yet? Miltek would have been first choice but I want to remain single exit don’t want to spend more than £500 really.

Thanks!

Following - also on the lookout. I’ve heard good things on local exhaust shops doing a custom fab, but not specifically for the A4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following - also on the lookout. I’ve heard good things on local exhaust shops doing a custom fab, but not specifically for the A4.

Hopefully someone can help us then! I just don’t know whether custom would be better than the likes of Scorpion etc.. interested to hear other’s thoughts

Have also just found that the Scorpion exhausts (one I was most leaning towards) are only for FWD A4's.. not Quattro's like mine so I guess I'll be going custom..

I’d be intrigued to hear any views on Jetex systems, tempted to go for a catback from them

I’d be intrigued to hear any views on Jetex systems, tempted to go for a catback from them

That's actually what I've just been looking at (this one) - the write up beneath seems really good actually.

This is something that I have been looking into. Having the A4 Dynamik i'd like the car to sound good as well as look good, without changing the looks too much.

Jetex is looking like the best option for me, I have always been put off of Miltek from my MK4 Golf days where people had endless problems with rattles etc, and the price is too much for me.

I'd like the car to be similar sound levels to an S3/Golf R really, so hopefully I will get this from a resonated Jetex

Reactions: Mike2114
Hey Mike, I’m headed to Powerflow on Friday to chat options on a catback. Will let you know how it goes

Hey Mike, I’m headed to Powerflow on Friday to chat options on a catback. Will let you know how it goes

Oh awesome! I tried contacting the Southampton branch a couple times but had no response. I'm going to my local custom exhaust garage on Saturday to see how much the custom route is.. will also let you know how it goes!

Reactions: countwilliam
Oh awesome! I tried contacting the Southampton branch a couple times but had no response. I'm going to my local custom exhaust garage on Saturday to see how much the custom route is.. will also let you know how it goes!

Sounds good mate! Will record some ‘before’ clips too ahead of any changes

Hi mate, any news?

Yep! Saw Steven at Powerflow mitcham (who owns a beautiful b7 DTM!) really helpful guy and knowledgable.

Planning to leave the middle muffler then go straight pipe back to a quad tip conversion. Got a rear diffuser for £100 on eBay. All in looking at £400 for exhaust work. Lots of tips to choose from and also mufflers too to create the exact sound you want. He’s more than happy to experiment until it’s perfect.

He said we can hear it and if I’m not happy/want a different sound we can remove middle muffler and look at some rear mufflers before the tips, which would be around £700.

Yep! Saw Steven at Powerflow mitcham (who owns a beautiful b7 DTM!) really helpful guy and knowledgable.

Planning to leave the middle muffler then go straight pipe back to a quad tip conversion. Got a rear diffuser for £100 on eBay. All in looking at £400 for exhaust work. Lots of tips to choose from and also mufflers too to create the exact sound you want. He’s more than happy to experiment until it’s perfect.

He said we can hear it and if I’m not happy/want a different sound we can remove middle muffler and look at some rear mufflers before the tips, which would be around £700.

Awesome! Thanks for the update. £400 for the exhaust work is pretty decent actually. Didn't get a chance to speak to my local exhaust place today but will probably try again during the week or something! You going ahead with the work then?

Awesome! Thanks for the update. £400 for the exhaust work is pretty decent actually. Didn't get a chance to speak to my local exhaust place today but will probably try again during the week or something! You going ahead with the work then?

Yep next Friday if all goes to plan! flexibility to change things around to get the right sound has won me over a jetex. Plus I think their quad system is more than £400...

Ps. His DTM 2.0 was straight pipe from the cat back and sounded mental.