Quick hello and a question about my exhaust!

Now it looks like it is a Miltex a bonus , now just sort out your tips and it will look better but hope you have some dosh as it can be expensive to fix due to you needing a welder who can stainless weld if you shorten it .

Brilliant, so one less thing to worry about! Yeah I hope it's not going to cost too much really. Assuming it's less than a whole new backbox I'll go for it. Although I could use it as an excuse to do the exhaust from fresh as my own but looking around at them all I don't see anything coming up better than the Milltek.

This might be a silly question but is it advisable - or even possible - to have part of one exhaust and part another? Say for instance I want to keep the Milltek down pipe and cat could I put a BCS connecting pipe and backbox on? I don't know if I'd be wrong in assuming all the joins and gaskets will be almost a straight swap for them all? Any performance limitations or concerns with having this?

Depends .... You could call BCS .... They should be able to help you .... Normally a upgraded down pipe is meant to work with stock catback and aftermarket ....

BCS should know .... also if the pipe diameter is similar it should also be easy to adapt then together ....

By the way, stainless should not be expensive to weld that much ..... Maybe for a whole custom system .... Not to my knowledge anyway .... You could get a professional shop to replace both turn pipe peices on the back-box and then it would be just like it was from factory .....

Sent from my DEVICE using Tapatalk

BCS DP won’t connect to a Miltek cat (or decat) back, and it shouldn’t. I should connect to the remainder of the BCS unit.

When you get your tips shortened, they should be able to build a flange and connector that connects the BCS to the Miltek.

There would be no performance limitation in doing so but the concern I’d have (personally) is that there is still 1/2 a Miltek system on!

If you’re thinking of getting a new system then give BCS a call. Travelling to them and having the system fitted is the complete experience. It also gives you a chance to see what they do, how they work and the care and attention they put into their products.

Depends .... You could call BCS .... They should be able to help you .... Normally a upgraded down pipe is meant to work with stock catback and aftermarket ....

BCS should know .... also if the pipe diameter is similar it should also be easy to adapt then together ....

By the way, stainless should not be expensive to weld that much ..... Maybe for a whole custom system .... Not to my knowledge anyway .... You could get a professional shop to replace both turn pipe peices on the back-box and then it would be just like it was from factory .....

Sent from my DEVICE using Tapatalk

That's good to know, hopefully just get the tips back to normal length for not much charge. I think I will give BCS a call and see if there is something available.

BCS DP won’t connect to a Miltek cat (or decat) back, and it shouldn’t. I should connect to the remainder of the BCS unit.

When you get your tips shortened, they should be able to build a flange and connector that connects the BCS to the Miltek.

There would be no performance limitation in doing so but the concern I’d have (personally) is that there is still 1/2 a Miltek system on!

If you’re thinking of getting a new system then give BCS a call. Travelling to them and having the system fitted is the complete experience. It also gives you a chance to see what they do, how they work and the care and attention they put into their products.

Very true, the half and half thing was just a thought, if I did change the system I think the whole thing would get changed, even if it was just for 'completeness' as such, knowing it's something full and what I wanted. I like the sound of the whole experience really, would certainly get some pleasure doing it myself but seeing it all in action would make it complete I think.

Aesthetically however, I really love the idea of a larger single tip although I'm yet to find one for the S3. Ah, all these ideas...

Replacing the back box will work if the rest of the system is non-sportsback.
But for a much lower cost cut some of the grafted in section to shorten the rear section whilst leaving the exhaust tips unmolested.
Its not a difficult job, needs an angle grinder and mig - welding stainless is actually easy with a mig (tig is neater but not essential) - ideally with stainless wire, but regular mild steel wire also works ok (but the weld will rust as it has with the grafted in section). If you are in the midlands I may be able to help or any friendly exhaust place with mig could sort you out.

Reactions: miltybilty
[QUOTE="

I[/QUOTE]

Do you hate Milltek that much :)

Reactions: samuelh_888
[QUOTE="

I

Do you hate Milltek that much :)[/QUOTE]

No, not at all @paddy. I have no experience of Miltek so I’m being unfair in commenting. Just my OCD wouldn’t allow a 50/50 system but I appreciate the BCS is £££.

Reactions: paddy
APR don't even make a system for the 8p, they supply the Milltek with their APR 3" cast down pipe.

Reactions: samuelh_888
If its full turbo back exhaust Milltek then whats the problem? If it is cat-back then agree its a big compromise if you are planning on mapping.
Figure out exactly what you have first.

Replacing the back box will work if the rest of the system is non-sportsback.
But for a much lower cost cut some of the grafted in section to shorten the rear section whilst leaving the exhaust tips unmolested.
Its not a difficult job, needs an angle grinder and mig - welding stainless is actually easy with a mig (tig is neater but not essential) - ideally with stainless wire, but regular mild steel wire also works ok (but the weld will rust as it has with the grafted in section). If you are in the midlands I may be able to help or any friendly exhaust place with mig could sort you out.

Appreciate your offer, I'm in London however. I'm speaking to a couple of local places to see if they are happy to do a little weld for me. I am happy with the entire system, happy it's a full turbo back from milltek so once the tips are in a nicer place it'll stay on I think.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove and samuelh_888
you think you have problems :)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: miltybilty and S.
Here's a proper exhaust place that can adapt your box and make a single tip if you so desire https://www.haywardandscott.com/
Just along the A127 in Basildon. I use them for anything from a full exhaust down to a repair weld that doesn't cost the earth.

you think you have problems :)

Haha yeah I guess things could always be worse!

Here's a proper exhaust place that can adapt your box and make a single tip if you so desire https://www.haywardandscott.com/
Just along the A127 in Basildon. I use them for anything from a full exhaust down to a repair weld that doesn't cost the earth.

Thanks for the link, that's great. They're not too far from me so I'll give them a call and ask them to remove those extra bits. I'm keeping the dual tips, the single exit was just a pipe dream (pun very much intended) :)

Reactions: SootySport