Anyone offer advice on 3.0tdi purchse

j033y

Reaction score
Hey all

Been many years since I last posted. I have currently got a 2014 Golf GTD. Love the car to bits. I require more space due to the hopeful arrival of sprog number two.

I have always wanted an A4. And love this era A4. I do about 18,000 miles a year so looking at diesels.

This car below has caught my attention:

https://www.lloydmotorgroup.com/Use...-TDI-Quattro-Black-Edition-5dr-S-Tronic/16765

I wonder if anyone knows the car or anything about the 3.0. My main worry is the S Tronic. Heard so many horror stories and can cost the car again to fix!!

All help appreciated. Guess I am just after reassurance and advice etc. It’s a lot of pennies to spend.

Reactions: briceportier
Hey all

Been many years since I last posted. I have currently got a 2014 Golf GTD. Love the car to bits. I require more space due to the hopeful arrival of sprog number two.

I have always wanted an A4. And love this era A4. I do about 18,000 miles a year so looking at diesels.

This car below has caught my attention:

https://www.lloydmotorgroup.com/Use...-TDI-Quattro-Black-Edition-5dr-S-Tronic/16765

I wonder if anyone knows the car or anything about the 3.0. My main worry is the S Tronic. Heard so many horror stories and can cost the car again to fix!!

All help appreciated. Guess I am just after reassurance and advice etc. It’s a lot of pennies to spend.
Nice ride!!!
Only you guys in the UK get this kind of prices for such a fully loaded ride

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lovely looking car. Nice low mileage.

Mine is quite a bit older (2009) but I've had it about 6 years. Bought it with 30k now just about to hit 100k.

The engine is fantastic and yours will be a newer generation than mine but there aren't really any problems with them so long as they are maintained correctly. The only engine work I have had to do is replace a swirl flap rod (common fault with the 3.0 tdi).

In terms of the rest of the car, I have had a few faults. Had an issue with the parking sensors not working. Had to replace the front parking loom. I've had 3 of the 4 door locks fail and need replacing (common with my car, not sure about newer cars). I've had a wheel bearing replaced and think I've got another one on its way out.
All of these faults I have repaired myself because they're easy enough except for the bearing.

I'd imagine most of these faults would have been ironed out by the 2014 model.

Mine is a manual and I've had no problems at all (it has a very heavy duty setup for a manual car) so I cant comment on the auto but I'm sure other users will follow to share their experiences.