Black Edition Door Rings

DaveW

Reaction score
I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of an A4 Avant Black Edition in brilliant black. I believe you get a pair of "Audi Rings" stickers to fix to the rear doors with a Black Edition?
Has anyone fitted these and if so, would anyone be so kind as to upload some photos of these in place?
Thanks,
Dave.

Hi I’ve got them but I’ve not applied them. I’ve got a black Edition Daytona grey and couldn’t bring myself to fit them. I’ve not seen a single a4 with them on but have have seen several q2 with them on the rear pillar. I think if I had something a bit bigger under the bonnet I might add them but I think with the s line badges and the daft rear indicators I don’t want to bring any more attention to myself :). Post a picture when you stick them on :) My stickers are Black so I can only assume yours must be white otherwise you’ll never see them on a black car

Reactions: DaveW
mmmm I've recently taken delivery of an A4 Black Edition in quantum grey and they were already on the rear doors. I'm not 100% sold on them yet but I'm guessing from the above, that the dealer must have fit them.

Do these come with a Black Edition regardless of whether you specifically ask for them?

I have them on mine and really don't like them to be honest. I've never seen them on a black BE before so just assumed I wouldn't have them and so didn't mention it to the dealer. When I arrived to collect the car and saw it had them on, I mentioned that I didn't like them and the dealer said he would organise getting them taken off for me.

Here's how it looks with them on.
IMG 8210

Yes silver might be better to match the wheels but they're not to my taste at all...

I have them on mine and really don't like them to be honest. I've never seen them on a black BE before so just assumed I wouldn't have them and so didn't mention it to the dealer. When I arrived to collect the car and saw it had them on, I mentioned that I didn't like them and the dealer said he would organise getting them taken off for me.

Here's how it looks with them on.
View attachment 155951
Were you on the M4 this morning? I saw a black saloon with the stickers....or have you had them removed now?

Personally I think white (with black decals) is the only colour that can pull these off.

Nah, not for me, I think they look rather tacky lol. I’ll have to make sure my dealer doesn’t put them on my black edition white A4 before collection.

Reactions: WesT-gefül
They are grey actually, they've got white and silver glitter on though which makes them stand out so much more in the sun.

Maybe it's an in-person thing, everyone I've spoken to likes them and doesn't understand why I want them removed, but I wanted this whole black on black thing going on and the stickers don't fit in haha :witless:

Were you on the M4 this morning? I saw a black saloon with the stickers....or have you had them removed now?

Not guilty! I'm based up north near Chester. Coincidentally, the dealer emailed me yesterday about the removal, so hopefully will have them taken off by next week!

Black on white for the win. Just ties in nicely with black side trim/tyres.

Nah, not for me, I think they look rather tacky lol. I’ll have to make sure my dealer doesn’t put them on my black edition white A4 before collection.
Hey mate - I wouldn't worry they didn't on mine, were just lying in the glovebox and still are. looks like you are not too far away from getting yours.

Reactions: psychopomp1
Hey mate - I wouldn't worry they didn't on mine, were just lying in the glovebox and still are. looks like you are not too far away from getting yours.
Thanks, that's good to hear :)

Yeah, the car should be arriving at Highland Audi in the next week or two. Might arrange to meet up with you once I have the car because since I'm coming from a poverty-spec 2005 B7 to a 2018 B9 Black Edition, I will be probably be overwhelmed by all the techno gadgets in the B9. So who better to guide me through them than a fellow Black Edition B9er :thumbs up:

We could even swap our cars for a quick test drive... I promise not to crash your car lol
(mine will be a BE Avant 2.0 TFSI 190 PS)

Thanks, that's good to hear :)

Yeah, the car should be arriving at Highland Audi in the next week or two. Might arrange to meet up with you once I have the car because since I'm coming from a poverty-spec 2005 B7 to a 2018 B9 Black Edition, I will be probably be overwhelmed by all the techno gadgets in the B9. So who better to guide me through them than a fellow Black Edition B9er :thumbs up:

We could even swap our cars for a quick test drive... I promise not to crash your car lol
(mine will be a BE Avant 2.0 TFSI 190 PS)
yeah give us a shout mate, I'm still not totally sussed on everything. Be dangerous for me to try a 2.0, although to be fair I'm very happy with the 1.4 and when I do want a blast I just borrow the other half's TTS...…….

Reactions: psychopomp1