Door aperture seal.

paddy

Reaction score
I need to replace the door aperture seal on my S3 as its split. I bought a new one but before i pull the old one out has anyone done this ? Is it just a push fit on the car and do i need to pull all the trim from around the door Posts and ceiling etc off or will it push in to the gap where the old one was ?

I've pulled mine off along the top to run wiring behind it and it's stuck on very well, but just pulls off.
I can't confirm about the bottom along the plastic trims, but if you started it at the top and made your way to the bottom you would soon find out and could easily push it back on again if it was a bigger job than expected for the time you have available.

Reactions: paddy
Ok Dave, wise words mate :)

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
I need to replace the door aperture seal on my S3 as its split. I bought a new one but before i pull the old one out has anyone done this ? Is it just a push fit on the car and do i need to pull all the trim from around the door Posts and ceiling etc off or will it push in to the gap where the old one was ?

It’s just a straight pull off and refit, you need to run a screwdriver round the inside when fitting to make sure the seal fits over the trims, really easy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's great so when it goes wrong it can be all your fault :)...now if it stops raining this weekend........it does look like a very snug fit to the door pillar trim and the sill step trim

Reactions: S.
I’ve had the seals off and all the trims and put them all back, it works, just take care, like all trims

Does the trim like the windscreen pillar just lever off ?

Does the trim like the windscreen pillar just lever off ?

You mean the A-Pillar? Yeah, it's held in with three or four clips evenly spaced - starting at the top with a plastic trim removal tool, pop the top one or two clips and then slide the whole thing up a bit and it should come out.

The trims round the doors poop out then have to be slid along to release the mounts don’t keep prising away or you’ll snap them off