Bose Audiopilot driving me nuts!!!! Please help!!!!

milkyjoe01

Reaction score
I've read on various forums regarding the issues with Bose Audiopilot but there's no definitive way of disabling it. There's the Audi Tech. Serv. Bullet. fix where you bridge 2 pins on the Bose amp. with a wire but the TSB was for the A4, A6, etc. but not for my vehicle which is a 2012 A3 TDi Black Edition & some say that the wiring layout is different on a 2012 A3 compared to the details given in the Audi TSB so you can't follow it to the letter but there is a way of doing it but for the life of me i can't find out how to do it! Does anyone have a method of disabling Audiopilot whether it be coding or a physical disconnection? (without the 3 error beeps emitting from the Bose system). I've been told coding with VCDS may be possible to turn it off but i'm not sure it can from what i've read. I'm quite competent when it comes to vehicle repairs, electronics, etc. but this Audiopilot is weird!!

Change the audiopilot mic in roof light, That fixes the issue.

Its not possible to disable audiopilot using VCDS
I disabled it last week on my car by removing the mic in the overhead console, but I do get the 3 beeps, which despite being annoying isn't as annoying as audiopilot messing around with the volume unnecessarily, so I can live with the beeps

There's a known fault with the mics on black editions mostly, changing these out fixes the volatile volume changes.

Reactions: paddy
I disabled it last week on my car by removing the mic in the overhead console, but I do get the 3 beeps, which despite being annoying isn't as annoying as audiopilot messing around with the volume unnecessarily, so I can live with the beeps
Can you mine what wires / plug you took out in the interior light or would you happen to have any pics off the job .cheers in advance

You don't need to remove anything, the mic is approximately £30, once swapped the volume changes normalise as per the AP system should be.

I actually have a new mic in stock for this as it's a common issue on be's

Do you have a part number for the new mic. I’ll check the part number on mine to compare just in case it’s already been changed.

Search the forum it's on here as I've detailed it before.

Well if anyone wants to buy a mic, I have one spare brand new in packaging.

When you disconnected the Audiopilot mic. did the volume fluctuations stop & the only issue you then had was 3 beeps but no auto. volume issues?

ts not possible to disable audiopilot using VCDS
I disabled it last week on my car by removing the mic in the overhead console, but I do get the 3 beeps, which despite being annoying isn't as annoying as audiopilot messing around with the volume unnecessarily, so I can live with the beeps[/QUOTE]

Hi. Do you still have this mic. for sale & is it the revised version?
You don't need to remove anything, the mic is approximately £30, once swapped the volume changes normalise as per the AP system should be.

I actually have a new mic in stock for this as it's a common issue on be's

I disagree. I got VCDS last week and got playing around like you do. All I did was turn on Gala and turn off audiopilot. I barely notice Gala if it's doing anything at all. No more mega or nothing volume changes :D

I disagree. I got VCDS last week and got playing around like you do. All I did was turn on Gala and turn off audiopilot. I barely notice Gala if it's doing anything at all. No more mega or nothing volume changes :D
Can you put up instructions on how to do this via Vcd's as this will help us who have the cable cheers

I’ll plug into the car on my lunch break and take photos yeah

Hope you can follow this. I just changed the adaptation to Off it seems instead of Audiopilot and all seems well.
Thought I'd set it to Gala, but looks off from the note.
Bose1

Bose2

Gala is working mind. Very subtly though. I’ve noticed it on roundabouts at 5mph. Nothing like the intrusive audio pilot did before.

Maybe it’s not gala but it’s a lot better than I was that’s for sure.

Try it for yourself and see what you think

well switch Gala off at the head unit and see if things still work ? if they do its audio pilot.

How do you do that?

My rns-e only has the software version in the setup

I cant remember without looking at the car but its in the section with balance, fader,bass,treble etc

Ok gala is off. Dunno what I’ve done then but the audio pilot is a lot more behaved since I made that change. No more big ups and downs when stopping in traffic

ok I don't know what it's done but since changing my settings to gala my volume up and down is a lot smoother and predictable compared to before. It might not be removed or disabled, but it's a lot better than before.

I just ended up removing the Audiopilot mic. & putting up with the 3 beeps & WOW, give me 3 beeps over flucuating volume, bass & treble anyday. I can actually feel the bass at setting no. 1 whereas before i was forever turning the bass up & down to compensate for Audiopilots intrusiveness. I want to be the captain of my own ship instead of sailing under Captain Audio.P.!!! It's like night & day with the mic. removed!! Apparently the new revised mic. with the suffix of 'A' at the end of the part no. doesn't intrude as much but even then, it'd still be messing with my mojo which is a no no to me!!!