Oil filter

mx19

Reaction score
I have an A3 2004 (54 plate) 2.0tdi 8P1, on euro car parts two sizes of oil filter are coming up wondering what ones the right one.

Best take the old one out to see which is correct. Buy both, then take the wrong one back, once you’ve fitted the correct one, is another option.

Best take the old one out to see which is correct. Buy both, then take the wrong one back, once you’ve fitted the correct one, is another option.
Exactly what I do, ECP counter staff are very helpful and never quibble.

Click on the fitment tab for each filter on the Euro Car Parts web page and it’ll give the engine code , just cross reference to the code on your car and job done.
The German-made Genuine oil filters are Mann & Hummel , you can get French-made Purflux brand Genuine oil filters too, but I think these are older stock, I’ve had both in the past from main dealers.

I have an A3 2004 (54 plate) 2.0tdi 8P1, on euro car parts two sizes of oil filter are coming up wondering what ones the right one.
If you check out the stickys there is a link to part numbers for various ages off cars which is very helpful and if you know your engine code then even better as you will never need to ask for parts numbers unless there revised .

Engine codes can be found on the first page of your service book. It will be a 3 letter code.
If you then search for 'Oil filter for xxx engine' you might get a result.

Reactions: ch1z64
@mx19 send me your reg and i can look up vehicle specific data for you.

The first one looks like the right one as the engine codes listed for the second one refer to 2010 engines:)

Always reserve online to get the discount and then pickup ...

Reactions: Daveyonthemove