Avante quattro tyre choice?

Timfh

Reaction score
Hi there, new to the forum and I'm sure this is a much debated issue but would appreciate some feedback on other Audi owners experience.
Recently became the owner of a B8.5 Avante black edition quattro and it's now time for a new set of tyres. It's currently on Avon zzr all round which seem ok ( I've used them multiple times on other makes/models) but always like to try other brands out. Any reccomendations and experience sharing greatly appreciated. Also what sort of mileage and driving style would be helpfull.
Cheers guys

Hi there, new to the forum and I'm sure this is a much debated issue but would appreciate some feedback on other Audi owners experience.
Recently became the owner of a B8.5 Avante black edition quattro and it's now time for a new set of tyres. It's currently on Avon zzr all round which seem ok ( I've used them multiple times on other makes/models) but always like to try other brands out. Any reccomendations and experience sharing greatly appreciated. Also what sort of mileage and driving style would be helpfull.
Cheers guys

Michelin PS4s from Blackcircles or Cartyres.com. Good all round tyres. Currently using PS3s on my B8.5 S4 and PS4s on A3 8v. PS3s on the S4 will be switched to PS4s in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the S4 I’ve tried continental 5P’s and switched to Michelin PS4S’s and the Michelin’s are far superior in every way.

Always a subjective issue, this.

Mine left the factory on Contis, and I hated them. As soon as I could justify the expense, I switched to Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2s. Goodbye tramlining and harshness, hello compliance and sure-footedness. :)

As @jdp1962 says very subjective. I'm standing here at the local tyre place getting more Pirelli P7 tyres fitted. These were on the car from new and have been absolutely fine so I see no need to change. Yet they are not fashionable. :)

Thanks for the comments guys, I know it's very subjective. Michelin's have come highly recommended,also a local tyre supplier has fitted alot of pirrelli to A4 Quattros and has reports of 26k miles.
Can anyone shed any light on the milage they've achieved?

Cheers Tim

Thanks for the comments guys, I know it's very subjective. Michelin's have come highly recommended,also a local tyre supplier has fitted alot of pirrelli to A4 Quattros and has reports of 26k miles.

Cheers Tim
I bin my tyres once they get below 4.5mm tread, which might seem profligate, but I just find that performance goes off by then. The factory Contis were swapped out at 13,000 miles. The Dunlops have so far done 12,000 and are still around the 6mm mark.

Cheers Tim
It was the rears I swapped this morning. They did 27.5k miles. Fronts managed 16.5k....

My S4 thread

Reactions: V6_Man
Run 245/40/18 Mich PS4 on my avant quattro (3.0TDI remapped) Managed to get 25k out of them though hhey do get a little noisy to the end.

recommended.

That's great thanks guys, lots of help, I'll let you know what I plump for