3.0 tdi dyno mode?

Chirus

Reaction score
Hello everyone, im new to this forum but i really hope for some advice as i am lost.
Some time ago i took my Audi a6 3.0tdi on dyno test. The result left me baffled. There is a dip in power at 3000 rpm. The guy that run the test said the results are due to fault of my car but i cant detect any codes or errors with my vcds. He said its probably due to blocked dpf or turbo....could someome look at it before i start strip the car apart please.
Thank you all

Attachments

• audi a6 av10hxa 1.jpg
    audi a6 av10hxa 1.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 703
No expert but doubt youll get an answer based on that.

If you want to check Dpf get yourself a cheap Bluetooth obd adapter and the Vagdpf app from the android playstore. Its worth paying for the full version but the free one does do the trick.

Thanks mate,
I have checked my dpf with vcds software and its seems ok : ash level was 0 and soot level was 8. As for the turbo i can hear it whistle a little but besides that all seems fine. Just the numbers dont ads up the car is remaped and while stock was 241 bhp so would expect more then 218 lol

Hi Probably nothing wrong with your car at all especially if it drives OK on the road. The ABS/ESP system on these modern cars can get very confused on a dyno, especially if it's a Quattro and has a decent amount of torque. The dyno should try and match the front and rear roller speeds, the best case is to have them linked, but most dynos use electronic load regulation to match the speeds. If this isn't working correctly or the dyno is unable to cope the car sees the front and rear wheels running at different speeds and gets confused. This results in the power being cut back.
I had the same issue at MRC a few years ago, the only way they could get a decent run was to disconnect the ABS module completely. Dash was lit up like a XMAS tree but the car worked fine on the dyno.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Now i just need to find 4wd dyno kn Midlands that knows what they are doing..
Again thanks.