Wind Noise I cant find ! Help Please !

jackr1

Reaction score
Got a 3 door a3 2011. When i get up to speed, normally around 70mph i get a wind sounding noise. Ive tried thening air con off, cirulation on, all sorts. It still does it with the fans turned off to. It get worse when i open a window. Does anyone have any clues as to what this could be pleaze? Ill attach a video which isnt the best but might give you an idea !

Thanks alot

Have you no idea where it's coming from
Got a 3 door a3 2011. When i get up to speed, normally around 70mph i get a wind sounding noise. Ive tried thening air con off, cirulation on, all sorts. It still does it with the fans turned off to. It get worse when i open a window. Does anyone have any clues as to what this could be pleaze? Ill attach a video which isnt the best but might give you an idea !

Thanks alot

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Have you no idea where it's coming from

Well it’s coming from the vent possibly at the front of the dash near the speak or the glass is the other thing. It almost sounds like there’s a bit of plastic stuck in somewhere and as the wind blows past it’s making that noise

Well it’s coming from the vent possibly at the front of the dash near the speak or the glass is the other thing. It almost sounds like there’s a bit of plastic stuck in somewhere and as the wind blows past it’s making that noise
Have you tried looking under the dash. Maybe vent control stuck open.

Have you tried looking under the dash. Maybe vent control stuck open.

No I haven’t, I did think that. But I’d probably break something Taking the dash off lol! Maybe that’s my only option left !

No mate take glove box down carefully. And remove trim drivers side process of elimination
No I haven’t, I did think that. But I’d probably break something Taking the dash off lol! Maybe that’s my only option left !

Fold the mirrors in & test.

Do you happen to have a CAI in your car as mine makes that kinda noise around that speed or more

Does this happen when you accelerate or is at only above certain speeds even when cruising?
I had a Volvo V50 that had a split hose and when I put my foot down the boost leaked and it sounded like the windscreen blowers had been turned on to max. The hose was just below the bulk head which made sense why I thought the sound was from the blowers.